Author Topic: New jetways visible at all airports but one...  (Read 1810 times)

keithorton

New jetways visible at all airports but one...
« on: September 14, 2018, 12:32:33 pm »
Good morning Umberto,

I've worked on this for the past couple days trying to figure out the issue, but I finally broke down and decided to post on here.  All the new SODE jetways are visible on all airports, including the ones I've edited in ADE.  But there is one that refuses to show the new jetways, and I cannot figure out the issue.  I'm sure it's a problem with the AFCAD, but I've gone through everything I can, and cannot figure it out.  It's with a freeware version of KABQ by Matthew Derr (on flightsim.com).  For some reason, I can't get the jetways to show up there.  They show up in the GSX menu as being there at each gate, but can't be seen. 

The only thing I can see is that the re-designed terminal is visible within the simulator, but when looking at the AFCAD via ADE, there's nothing visible there.  The jetways are there in ADE, but no actual terminal... even though the terminal is clearly visible within P3D (though without jetways) Before the upgrade to GSX 2.0, jetways were visible.  Is there anything I could try in order to fix this issue?   I've checked out all the exclusions within the ADCAD, even deleted the ones around the jetways just to check and see, but there was no difference.  I'm sorry if this description isn't any more specific, it's hard to describe any better than I have.

It's just weird that it would be at this one airport, with this one file.  I'm certain there's just an issue with the AFCAD file.. because when I disable the scenery, the SODE jetways show up fine in the default airport.  I feel like it has something to do with the fact that there's no "object" visible where the terminal is suppose to be within ADE, because the default one will show an "autogenerated" type object where the terminal is.. but there is nothing there within the freeware version.  Lol I really hope I'm not confusing you with all this, Umberto!  Any help you can provide would be appreciated! 

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New jetways visible at all airports but one...
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 05:11:07 pm »
But there is one that refuses to show the new jetways, and I cannot figure out the issue

Have you installed the current Live Update. As indicated in the update release notes:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

Bugfix:Support Jetways with non standard GUID, fix problems with UK2000 customization.

We found and fixed a problem with some sceneries using not entirely standard GUIDs for jetways, which affected UK2000, but I'm sure it would affect other sceneries too.

keithorton

Re: New jetways visible at all airports but one...
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 10:41:19 am »
Thanks for the reply, Umberto. 

Unfortunately, the update didn't fix the issue.  I've tried everything I can possibly think of, and have just about decided to try and live with no jetways at that airport, until TropicalSim comes out with their promised release in the (hopefully) near future.  It's either enable the default jetways back, which would cause me to lose all the new jetways at every other airport, or go back to the default version of KABQ.  It really is weird... usually I can pinpoint issues within the sim, but this is the first time I've been stumped.  Whenever I load up the sim with the default KABQ enabled, the new jetways are there.  When I turn back on the custom freeware KABQ scenery, the new terminal is there, along with the new jetways, though they're badly in need of re-positioning.  When I exit out of P3D, and then go back in, the new scenery is still active, but the new jetways will be gone!  It's just baffling.  This scenery was originally for FSX in late 2015, could that have something to do with it?  I edited the AFCAD within ADE for P3D v4, though.. so I don't know how that could be an issue.  Drives me crazy! Lol.  It's like the jetways are invisible, because, like I said, I can go into the GSX menu and it'll show that each gate has one jetway, and can be edited... but they're just not seen. 

Of course it would be one of the more frequent airports I fly into and out of.. haha.  Is there a way to enable the default jetways at just the one airport and keep the new ones everywhere else?  Thanks again!