Author Topic: Using reg files for registering previously purchased airports  (Read 2013 times)

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
Using reg files for registering previously purchased airports
« on: November 10, 2018, 07:31:07 pm »
I've just bought a new computer and before I sold my old one I deactivated all my FSDT and FB software. I retained all the .reg files.

I'm now installing these airports in my new PC and then copying and pasting the serial number from the reg file to validate them.

But is it possible to place these .reg files into a folder for Addon Manager to recognise them automatically without me needing to copy and paste the key for each one?
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Using reg files for registering previously purchased airports
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 02:16:58 pm »
But is it possible to place these .reg files into a folder for Addon Manager to recognise them automatically without me needing to copy and paste the key for each one?

You don't have to copy & paste. Double-click on each .REG file, and give permission to add the info in the registry. Then start the sim, and it will ask to activate, without asking for a Serial Number.

The relevant information was in the FSDT_Install_guide.pdf, at page 8:

First, let’s see the best case, when you have your .REG file at your disposal, because you made a backup of it before reformatting Windows:

• Double-click on it to restore your serial number in the registry
  • Install the product Trial
  • Launch Flight Simulator with an Internet connection available
  • Addon Manager will retrieve your activation from Esellerate servers and, since you haven’t changed hardware, most of the time it will not consume an Activation.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
Re: Using reg files for registering previously purchased airports
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 02:51:56 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thank you for your help. I apologise (again!) for not reading the manual. Installing loads of software on a new PC requires lots of actions so this will certainly help.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.