Author Topic: OK...I give up  (Read 3708 times)

UK_Squiff

OK...I give up
« on: September 13, 2018, 12:43:41 pm »
Hi All,

Dunno what i'm doing wrong, but i downloaded the installation file (after turning off A/V)...installed the demo...just wanting to try before I buy (glad i did as it turns out)...everything 'seemed' to install correctly...on firing up FSX got the usual 'add module' type stuff....went into FSX... SODE shows up in the dropdown addon menu...but nothing equating to GSX...I've uninstalled...reinstalled several times...updated all my c++ stuff as per instructions....nowt...diddly squat.

I'm now officially at a loss!  :-\

FSX Boxed + Acceleration (AES installed)

Any advice gratefully received!

BJHawk

Re: OK...I give up
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 02:23:52 pm »
GSX in DEMO mode is only enabled on all of FSDT and handfull of default airports and they are listed in fsdt_install_guide.pdf

UK_Squiff

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 03:25:52 pm »
GSX in DEMO mode is only enabled on all of FSDT and handfull of default airports and they are listed in fsdt_install_guide.pdf

Yes I know...but it's not installed correctly...I've been to the airports listed in the demo...but nothing

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 12:14:09 am »
got the usual 'add module' type stuff.

Do you mean you got a question to authorize BOTH the Addon Manager and the Couatl engine ? Have you replied yes to both ?

If you are unsure if you authorized both, you can undo it by Uninstalling AND replying YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?", then reinstall.

UK_Squiff

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 05:01:38 pm »
got the usual 'add module' type stuff.

Do you mean you got a question to authorize BOTH the Addon Manager and the Couatl engine ? Have you replied yes to both ?

If you are unsure if you authorized both, you can undo it by Uninstalling AND replying YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?", then reinstall.

Hi, Thanks for replying

I did indeed authorize both (as far as i'm aware)...Because when i uninstalled everything including the addon manager...and reinstalled...It didn't ask me to authorize anything when i fired up FSX. Am i correct in assuming therefore, that the entries in the FSX.cfg remain even after a reinstall?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 05:04:18 pm by UK_Squiff »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 05:03:49 pm »
It didn't ask me to authorize anything when i fired up FSX

That's because you forget to to this:

reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?"

which will clear your previous authorization preference. So, do the uninstall/reinstall again, without forgetting this step.

UK_Squiff

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 05:05:02 pm »
Ok, I'll try again...thanks. I'll get back after :)

UK_Squiff

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 05:29:00 pm »
Nope...Still no joy. It's appearing in my fsx.cfg (as you can see)...But even after following your steps...just isn't in the addon menu

C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\couatl.exe.bcehizzornebkbtbnrtorhekqrnazhqnizrbtqon=-1
C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\bglmanx.dll.ozrlqbarzaiiqqhcwhenterckaltnlbbawuahnae=-1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 05:54:48 pm »
Nope...Still no joy. It's appearing in my fsx.cfg (as you can see)...But even after following your steps...just isn't in the addon menu

If you are SURE you replied YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?", the normal behavior would be you should see the authorize question AGAIN for the two modules. If you haven't, it means the programs didn't even tried to start, because the were blocked by something else, either the antivirus or, possibly, you have a problem with VC++ libraries, which we obviously install but, in some cases just installing them is not enough to fix problems.

See the "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

You can also try the Couatl test mode manually, by doing this:

- Open a command prompt ( Start->CMD->Enter ) and go to the Addon Manager\Couatl folder

- Type the following:

Couatl.exe --test

If there's a problem with missing system libraries, you might see some kind of error from Windows, saying something about it.

UK_Squiff

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 06:38:41 pm »
Hmm...thats interesting..My C++ installations jump from 2013 to 2017...when i try to install 2015 as per the link you sent..it errors saying "Another version of this product is already installed"...I'm getting closer i suspect!..thanks for your continued help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2018, 06:44:17 pm »
You must uninstall VC++ 2017, and then reinstall GSX, which will install the 2015 version. Stop here, test Couatl, and see if all works. If it works, you should hopefully able install the VC++ 2017 runtimes without causing issues to the 2015 installation.

UK_Squiff

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2018, 07:11:25 pm »
Thanks...I'll give that a go over the weekend...I'll let you know how i get on :)