Author Topic: Some confusion about aircrafts and animations  (Read 3058 times)

Thrym

Some confusion about aircrafts and animations
« on: September 14, 2018, 12:55:45 am »
Hi

I was testing to see how it all works but i'm a bit confused.  ??? With some aircrafts i'm getting crew/passenger animations and other aircrafts just the vehicles, sliding doors and everyone is boarded.
What are the differences here? Is there a minimum of some sort to get animations? What is it?

I'm getting animations with:

f50

No animations:

Otter
an2
tbm850
default electra 10a
default l049

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Some confusion about aircrafts and animations
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 01:05:17 am »
I see passengers just fine with the default L049. Be sure you use the default configuration that comes with GSX for it, by pressing Reset in the airplane customization page.

Thrym

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 01:10:00 am »
ok, will try. But what about the other aircrafts... why is it so random.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 01:10:57 am »
ok, will try. But what about the other aircrafts... why is it so random.

It's not random. They will always work if the airplane configuration is correct.

Thrym

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 01:16:32 am »
i'm doing the same with all the aircrafts. I configure a door for the passengers? Some show up with passengers, some don't?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 01:18:41 am »
As I've said, one of the airplanes you said didn't work, works in fact.

Check if the bus arrives. On some airports, the passenger bus might have been disabled with a GSX customization option. In these cases, there will be no passengers.

Thrym

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 01:51:40 am »
The bus always arrives. But i've found out what i was doing wrong.
The airplanes that worked had the main exit at door position nr 1. When i edit a plane with a door behind the wing, like the otter and an2, i selected exit 3, that was the cause of no animation. When i select exit 1 and then edit the door behind the wings then the animations work. The L049 had the same config with a door behind the wing and now it works.

Destroy

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 03:17:08 am »

When i edit a plane with a door behind the wing, like the otter and an2, i selected exit 3, that was the cause of no animation. When i select exit 1 and then edit the door behind the wings then the animations work.

Is this a bug that only exit 1 produces walking pax?

Thrym

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 09:34:38 am »
Is this a bug that only exit 1 produces walking pax?

I don't know. All i can say is that i did not expect this behaviour. I assumed any exit configured for pax would have animations, exit 1 or 2 or 3. Since this is not mentioned anywhere this was very confusing.
Maybe this will be fixed in an update of the product or if not, mention this in the manual?

Another suggestion perhaps, now that it worked on the Otter and An2 i saw that the last stewardess that was waiting for the pax was waiting outside the airplane, floating on the other side. Ofcourse because this plane is much smaller. But would it be possible to edit this position of her in the plane config? Or just leave her out? It just looks weird like this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 11:49:31 am »
It's not really a bug, it's more a limitation of how animations are made (exit 2 shares animation variables with exit 1),but yes, the airplane must have either an exit 1 or exit 4 to have passengers.