Author Topic: Installation Problem new GSX  (Read 3338 times)

Jochen Sieler

Installation Problem new GSX
« on: September 10, 2018, 09:34:31 pm »
Gentlemen,
I encounter severe and unsolvable problems with the installation of GSX.
After installation of the program it won´t start giving me the error notes attached to this post.
So unfortunately GSX is not uasable for me which is a real mess (Error messages attached)
Up todate nothing is working, I checked the FSX.cfg regarding SIMOBJECTS and found no problems

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=Aerosoft\Mega Airport Zurich V2.0\simobjects
SimObjectPaths.6=Aerosoft\Split X\simobjects
SimObjectPaths.7=C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.8=C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects
SimObjectPaths.9=D:\Programme\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.10=J:\Program Data\12bPilot\SODE\data\SimObjects
SimObjectPaths.11=J:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.12=simobjects\airplanes\pmdg 737-800ngx wl
SimObjectPaths.13=simobjects\airplanes\pmdg 737-900ngx wl
SimObjectPaths.14=simobjects\boats\ai_fugloyhav
SimObjectPaths.15=SimObjects\IVAO_MTL

Also the Anti virus obtion has been checked and all relevant programs related to GSX were accepted by Kasperski.
So I´m at the end of my knowledge with it :-(

NEED YOUR HELP DESPERATELY !!!!  PLEASE HELP !!

Thanks in advance
J.S.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installation Problem new GSX
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 09:00:11 am »
Your FSX.CFG is surely wrong, the default line 5 has been taken by Aerosoft Zurich, and you have TRIPLE entries for GSX objects. As if you reinstalled GSX multiple times, each time in a different location, always without uninstalling first, which you MUST do, if you want to "move" GSX to a different place.

WHERE is your FSX installed and WHERE you installed GSX NOW ?

Jochen Sieler

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 09:49:56 am »
My FSY is currently installed in D:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X.
GSX is currently NOT installed, I uninstalled it yesterday evening.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 11:32:12 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 11:32:38 am »
GSX is currently NOT installed, I uninstalled it yesterday evening.

If you haven't replied YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" when you Uninstalled GSX, the SimObjectPaths are not removed, and this is normal, otherwise the other FSDT sceneries you *might* have wouldn't work.

But since there are 3 entries for the Addon Manager\Misc objects, I asked where is installed, to know which lines you must remove

Jochen Sieler

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 11:36:59 am »
Again, GSX is NOT installed right now !

Will it be a solution to remove the FSX.cfg and let FSX create a brand new FSX.cfg and then install GSX?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 11:40:29 am »
Again, GSX is NOT installed right now !

With "where is installed", I mean where was GSX when you uninstalled it last time because, as I've said, if you haven't replied YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" when you Uninstalled GSX, the Addon Manager (and all its objects) is STILL installed.

Jochen Sieler

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 11:43:49 am »
I quoted YES on the question  "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and double checked in all partitions of my harddisk. Addon Manager is completely removed
and not existing in any drives.

Jochen Sieler

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 06:51:52 pm »

Well dear FSDreamTeam forum Team,

since I did not hear anything from you anymore I assume that you´re not in the mood or not able / willing to help.
I described my problem several time in very details but at the end there is just silence and no help at all. You even don´t find it necessary to admit that you can´t / won´thelp.

If you think, that this is the correct attitude to cooperate with your clients which , at the end of the day, will pay your monthly salery check then go ahead.

I myself will refrain from buying anything more from FSDreamTeam and will warn my fellow members of the sim community to turn on you.

Sorry, your fault, not mine !

Psybear

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 02:52:29 am »
Ooooh, scary.  ::)  This forum is one of the best for support out there. Perhaps you should understand that after a new product launch things can get a bit hectic and that you are not the only individual in the world.

Sheesh,
Clayton
Win10 Pro x64v2004 -256GB M.2 600p | Prepar3D v5.0 hf2-512GB M.2 960 Pro | Storage-1TB 850 Pro
Z270 XPower Titanium / i7-7700K @4.7GHz-H115i / 32GB TridentZ @3200MHz 14-14-14-34
GTX1070/8GB Quicksilver (451.48) |34W 2560x1080 | Crystal 460X-AX860i

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2018, 03:00:42 am »
since I did not hear anything from you anymore I assume that you´re not in the mood or not able / willing to help.

You are entirely wrong. If you read my last post carefully, I asked TWO things:

1) "But since there are 3 entries for the Addon Manager\Misc objects, I asked where is installed, to know which lines you must remove" and "With "where is installed", I mean where was GSX when you uninstalled it last time"

AND

2) If you replied YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?"

In your last post, you replied ONLY to question #2, but the most important one, to know what erroneous lines you must remove from your FSX.CFG, was the #1! Since I did not hear anything from you anymore, I assumed you either figured it out yourself, or were otherwise busy.