Author Topic: FSX Steam Performance Issues with GSX v2  (Read 2434 times)

stanwill12

FSX Steam Performance Issues with GSX v2
« on: September 13, 2018, 03:29:28 am »
I have noticed that my FPS has dropped dramatically since installing GSX 2.  What is really a concern is the fact that may PC is pausing even while in flight.  Also, the loading of passengers, despite me multiplying the time frame by 8x still has passengers unloading and loading at a snails pace.  I definitely appreciate seeing passengers move, but the effect on the sim is near crippling.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX Steam Performance Issues with GSX v2
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 03:34:38 am »
If you are geting low fps in flight, passenger cannot obviously have anything to with it, since they are destroyed as soon they are no longer needed.

Do you see a better frame rate if you restore default jetways from the GSX Control Panel ?

vysous

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 05:38:08 am »
I have a similar problem. I believe it is somehow related to the SODE gates though. Every time I use the SODE gate on startup, the performace becomes horrendous immediately - e.g. all animations of GSX objects lag. Interestingly, this does not in fact affect FPS directly - instead the game starts to pause for a while, I have issues with the sound, textures load slowly. It continues throughout the whole flight, even when they are certainly no GSX objects/gates within sight.

Best, Jan

raman93

• For configuration information of FSX;see signature
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 07:58:06 am »
I have noticed that my FPS has dropped dramatically since installing GSX 2.  What is really a concern is the fact that may PC is pausing even while in flight.  Also, the loading of passengers, despite me multiplying the time frame by 8x still has passengers unloading and loading at a snails pace.  I definitely appreciate seeing passengers move, but the effect on the sim is near crippling.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

HI,
i have also experienced same issues. Hope they would address the isssue at earliest.
Following is the configuration of FSX and GSX.
1.FSX STEAM EDITION
2.REX extreme with overdrive installed.
3.REX World Wide Airport HD texture installed
3.Using default airport scenery across all airports in FSX.
4. GSX has been updated to the latest version.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 01:30:58 am »
The only real "fix" would be moving away from FSX. Other than reducing the Passenger Density slider, there's not much else you can do in FSX.