Author Topic: GSXv2 Jetways not working for other jets  (Read 3595 times)

nathantw

GSXv2 Jetways not working for other jets
« on: September 09, 2018, 01:09:46 am »
When I had GSX v1 the other planes at the airport would have the jetway at their doors. After installing GSX v2 the only jetway that's operational is my own. Is there a way to turn on the jetway for all the other planes? It just looks so unrealistic when all the other planes at the airport don't have the jetway at their door but mine does.

DreamSkywards

Re: GSXv2 Jetways not working for other jets
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 01:23:39 am »
You mean for AI aircraft? FSDT opted against this for performance reasons and not to overload simconnect.

But it's true that CTRL + J and the "other" SODE jetways could dock onto AI traffic.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 01:23:56 am »

nathantw

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 01:31:16 am »
Thanks for the answers. Yes, I was referring to the AI jets. Sorry for not stating that more clearly. Disappointing. I'm thinking of reverting back to GSX v1 if that's the case. That was a cool feature to watch the jetway move away for AI planes about to depart. Sigh.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 01:41:45 am by nathantw »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 01:40:11 am »
Thanks for the answers. Yes, I was referring to the AI jets. Sorry for not stating that more clearly. I'm thinking of reverting back to GSX v1 if that's the case. Sigh.

You cannot "revert" back to GSX 1, there's only one GSX, and it's the current version.

But as clearly explained in the GSX manual, you CAN revert to the default jetways, using the Control Panel.

nathantw

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 01:45:34 am »
Thanks for the reply. What control panel are you talking about?

On another note, I noticed other responses by you and your group and they're actually quite terse and harsh and the majority of the time it's "if you bothered reading the manual then you'd know." Well, that's true but you could say it a little better than that. As for the control panel, I'll look it up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 01:49:13 am »
Thanks for the reply. What control panel are you talking about?

The one explained in the manual at Page 4 and Page 44, which has an icon installed on your Desktop.

On another note, I noticed other responses by you and your group and they're actually quite terse and harsh and the majority of the time it's "if you bothered reading the manual then you'd know." Well, that's true but you could say it a little better than that.

The issue is, it took a great effort to write *everything* in the manual. In an ideal world, the forum should only contain post of things NOT covered in the manual.

nathantw

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 02:30:58 am »
Thank you for the page numbers. I just looked through the manual again (yes I read it the first time) and I didn't see where I could return the jetways to default. I read the description on page 12 and 13 but didn't see anything mentioned.

I just read page 4 and you mentioned "If want to go back to the default jetway models, you can use the Control Panel to restore them." I just tried it and saw the "return jetways to default." Thank you for pointing me in the correct place.

Re: read the manual
I understand that it took a long time and great care was taken to create the manual. However, when people are excited they want to jump right in and have things working. Few take the time to read the manual. I read it but didn't read every word and take every word to heart. I'm sure many others don't do the same too. They're just excited to have something new and when it doesn't work as it should they panic. That's when some understanding should come in and a bit of sympathy, then point them to page so-and-so of the manual or quote it.

That said, thank you for being there and for being helpful! Have a great night.

vadriver

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 01:12:42 am »
Already asked and answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18372.msg128046.html#msg128046

you CAN revert to the default jetways, using the Control Panel.

Umberto

I'd prefer the option to have AI dock @ SODE gates as they do (& with multiple jetways to widebodies) @ FB's KSFOHD & T2G's KSEA .... with acceptable / little performance impact (P3DV4).

I remain a tad flustered that at the likes of your KLAS where SODE gates don't dock to AI & that now with GSX2 I will have to decide default vs SODE @ your CYVR & KLAX for example (given SODE gates will soon be automatic there ..... whether I buy GSX2 or not).

Then of course the question is if one reverts @ CYVR & KLAX, will later FSDT updates negate that reversion ... or can one stop the auto update period.

Cheers
John
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 02:12:18 am by vadriver »
cheers
john

AirBorne

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2018, 04:25:15 am »
Mind I ask you, is it possible to create the installer so that the icons/shortcuts are created in a program group instead (or maybe optional even better) of the desktop? Lots of people consider the desktop too cluttered to have all program icons, instead, if the icons are created in their own program groups the standardization would be cleaner.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 01:53:28 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2018, 01:55:13 am »
There are so many questions here about how to find the manual, which is in fact created in its program group, that I don't think it would be a good idea to add questions about how to find the Live Update or the Control Panel to the list of possible questions too.

vadriver

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2018, 12:27:21 pm »
I'd prefer the option to have AI dock @ SODE gates ................

Umberto

Is that covered in the manual ... or is your last a reply to an "off-topic" question mixed in with the subject.

Frankly, update is off limits till I understand !

John
cheers
john