Author Topic: Catering never ends bug - found the issue?  (Read 2135 times)

Guenseli

Catering never ends bug - found the issue?
« on: September 12, 2018, 10:38:14 pm »
Hello Umberto,

I encountered the catering never stops bug, especially with the MJC Dash 8.

Since I was fiddling around reading the L:Variables to control doors with LINDA I think I found probably the bug which causes the never ending catering.

For the MJC Dash there comes a catering truck with catwalk and a normal van. The state then for the variable "FSDT_GSX_CATERING_STATE" stays then on 4 and never changes to 5.
If two trucks are arriving (with other aircraft) or two vans arrive (also with the MJC Dash), then I get the normal catering state 5.

If caterings ends then, after the vehicles have disappeared, with state 5, everything is ok and will be set to state 6. But if two different catering vehicles arrive, the state will never leave #4.

Hope that is the right direction ...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Catering never ends bug - found the issue?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 03:35:48 am »
We knew about that bug, and thought to have fixed it long ago, we'll check it again.

abude83

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 02:14:22 pm »
We knew about that bug, and thought to have fixed it long ago, we'll check it again.

No Sir! this problem is infact very much alive! I am now experiencing it even on the pmdg 737.

abude83

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 02:47:48 pm »
ok! i am quite embarassed about this! i modified the aircraft configuration for my pmdg 737 while experimenting because of a problem i had earlier on another aircraft! i forgot to revert changes afterwards!  All is working now! Sorry  :-[

abude83

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 03:00:09 pm »
So as to contribute meaningfully to this thread, a possible workaround for anyone facing the catering vehicle problem on the majestic q400, inspite of downloading all latest updates,can be found on this thread

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,8894.15.html

The workaround can be found somewhere on the second page and has been posted by user feather0148 along with screenshots!