Author Topic: Jetway not animating properly on heavy gates  (Read 2653 times)

Ghostrider114

Jetway not animating properly on heavy gates
« on: September 11, 2018, 02:52:37 am »

I was trying out a default 747 with the new gates, but only the AC and GPU seemed to move into position, the rest of the jetway popped into an odd angle away from the plane as soon as I clicked operate jetway.  I tried restarting Coatl and it started giving me Simconnect overload errors and all of the gates disappeared.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway not animating properly on heavy gates
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 08:19:02 am »
We'll should release a fix on Live Update about this later today.

Ghostrider114

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 09:44:53 pm »
thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 04:12:00 am »
The update is online now.

Ghostrider114

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 07:36:40 am »
ok, after the update, it only appears to have this problem if FSX hits the simconnect request limit.  Unfortunately, something about the heavy gate jetways seems to cause them to make more simconnect requests then the medium or small gates, making it more prone to overrun when I use them.

copilot767

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 02:51:03 pm »
Now jetways works correct :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 03:16:39 pm »
ok, after the update, it only appears to have this problem if FSX hits the simconnect request limit.  Unfortunately, something about the heavy gate jetways seems to cause them to make more simconnect requests then the medium or small gates, making it more prone to overrun when I use them.

The jetways themselves don't have any knowledge of the gate type but, of course, if you have 2 or 3, they will require more commands to activate so, maybe, you might reduce the load by not operating them at the same time.

But if your Simconnect is showing signs of being too overloaded with commands, it means it's already there because of too many addon sending too many commands in a short time. And yes, FSX Simconnect is less efficient than P3D4.

Ghostrider114

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 09:38:13 pm »
hmm, I was using a single jetway at the gate I was testing, I can't imagine it would have something to do with the Default 747 either, but I'm definitely seeing a difference in stability between small/medium and heavy gates.  Fortunately, I don't fly heavies that often, this time I mainly wanted to put GSX:L2 through it's paces.

I'm sure part of the problem is that every addon uses simconnect these days, almost nothing uses FSUIPC anymore, or if it does, it uses both similtaniously ??? , and it's hard to keep FSX running well without some of these addons now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 09:43:00 pm »
I'm sure part of the problem is that every addon uses simconnect these days

The issue is not really they use Simconnect, it's how they use it. How much data they exchange withing given time, how often, etc.

In P3D4, for example, we can handle refresh of animation without using any Simconnect calls, so this reduce the amount of data we exchange with the sim quite considerably. But in FSX, we can't do that, so we must rely on Simconnect to refresh the connection to the sim, which must be made at every frame, otherwise animation won't look smooth.