Author Topic: Problems with NVidia GTX 1070  (Read 2760 times)

ruetterf

Problems with NVidia GTX 1070
« on: September 24, 2018, 03:52:19 pm »
I'am using GSX 2.0 with Prepared 4.3. Since that time I have Trouble with my Nvidia gtx 1070. Every flight, after half an hour the P3D posted a message with the following Content:

I tried to deinstall some Addons to identify the reason for that problem. At this time I deinstall the GSX the Problem vanishes. I reinstall the GSX again to verify the result.

After this testing, I come to the result, that GSX maybe causes the above Problem with the GTX 1070.

Is there anybody with the same Problem under the same circumstances?  

My System: Win10, 16 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1070

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: Problems with NVidia GTX 1070
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 10:13:48 pm »
 Try different video drivers.
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 11:30:46 am »
The problem is surely caused by a video driver, and not by GSX and, in fact, it's a known error message that has been reported in all forums even months before the new GSX has been released.

You are mislead thinking the problem is caused by GSX ( because it disappears when uninstalling it ), but it's not.

The problem is caused by your driver and GSX is *affected* by it, because it use a relatively new function offered by the sim, which is called Render to Texture (RTT), to display numbers on jetways and the battery charger display. Since these are new functions and not so many (if any) other addons use them, you are seeing this problem caused by your driver only with GSX but, it would probably happened just the same with another addon that use the same feature.

Installing the new drivers using the CUSTOM installation option to select a CLEAN installation, should fix the problem.

As the last resort, you can try disabling RTT with the Addon Manager menu, and restart the sim. You'll lose numbers on jetways though so, it's best if you fix your drivers rather than removing that feature from GSX.

ruetterf

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 11:39:30 am »
Thanks Umberto,
for your Explanation. This make sense. I will try it with another older Driver, because the newest one will cause the Problems.

With best regards
Frank

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 11:42:13 am »
I will try it with another older Driver, because the newest one will cause the Problems.

Try what I suggested first, install the new drivers using the CUSTOM installation option to select a CLEAN installation. Sometimes a setting or a wrong tweak can be the problem, rather than the driver itself.

crwk78

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 03:28:35 pm »
Disabling the RTT through the Addon Manager menu doesn't stick. It appears unchecked again the next time P3D is rebooted, very often after the error message has appeared.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 03:46:27 pm »
It will not be saved if the sim crashed.