Author Topic: NOT urgent - Specific jetways for FSDT sceneries?  (Read 1923 times)

DreamSkywards

NOT urgent - Specific jetways for FSDT sceneries?
« on: September 10, 2018, 01:44:30 pm »
Hi,

I know you guys are planning to add the jetways yourself to your own sceneries but, is there any chances you might actually add the real world counterparts to your sceneries?

I mean jetties that are true to their colours and sizes.

If I had to give an example, the static ones used in GVA (I know, always giving GVA as the example. :P My home, fly mainly in and out of there.) were true to their real world counterparts.

I did recently replace these with SODE ones but the difference in colours, sizes and etc compared to the static ones, they were standing out and looking out of place like brilliant Christmas trees.

I ended up undoing my edits as the static jetways looked more "in sync" with the rest of scenery than the SODE ones.

Check my with and without images below.

At least I have to thank you for making GSX Level 2 free to use at your own airports though. That at least is praiseworthy.

I also realise these are small details that most people probably don't care about. Just my 2 cents.

Thank you for your work. Looking forward to Basel's release.

DreamSkywards

Re: NOT urgent - Specific jetways for FSDT sceneries?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 12:53:49 am »
By the way, of course I know FSDT are not going to replicate jetways used the the world over.

But, I brought this up because, as said by Umberto himself in this thread (Also regarding LSGG, a scenery made by FSDT): http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18513.msg128644.html#msg128644

"It's extremely easy for us adding new jetway repaints (not new models, that's very complex) but the issue is, you really cannot expect we'd recreate all jetways of the world, that's something scenery developers should do with their own scenery."

Reading that, you would kind of think jetways used in FSDT airports would take precedent, on a product made by FSDT.

My posted images are of course LSGG by FSDT. Aerosoft is not out yet.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 12:59:33 am by DreamSkywards »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 08:24:11 am »
You should give us time, please.

We ALREADY confirmed we'll add some jetways specific to our sceneries and we will update all our old sceneries to SODE as well but, you cannot expect we'd to it in A DAY!!! This product has been out since 3 days only. GSX had 6 YEARS OF CONSTANT UPDATES, we don't expect Level 2 to be any different.

DreamSkywards

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 04:05:28 pm »
You should give us time, please.

We ALREADY confirmed we'll add some jetways specific to our sceneries and we will update all our old sceneries to SODE as well but, you cannot expect we'd to it in A DAY!!! This product has been out since 3 days only. GSX had 6 YEARS OF CONSTANT UPDATES, we don't expect Level 2 to be any different.

Sorry. I ignored the "specific" part. I thought the jetways you were going to add were those in the actual library, which would be a deal breaker (I know, most people don't care about having the exact same jetties as the real airport. I myself do, and if you put a price on it, so be it, and I mean it.), plus they are extremely easy to configure too (besides the clockwise ones, as shown in my other thread where Allesandro participated), so I was not getting the point of waiting for FSDT to add more or less 19 randoms jetties for LSGG.

If you were planning to add the real thing all along though, I apologise for my thread, and my tone.

For me the time is not an issue, the accuracy is, even if a price is put on it.