Author Topic: I can't remove jetways from FlyTampa Montreal scenery  (Read 3778 times)

Nimic

I can't remove jetways from FlyTampa Montreal scenery
« on: September 12, 2018, 07:27:49 pm »
Hi,

Following the video tutorial in the first thread of this page, I'm trying to remove jetways frome FlyTampa Montreal scenery. I created an exclude for the jetways at stand 73. According to the GSX Control Panel the Exclude .bgl si up to date. Then I restarted the sim and had a look at Montreal, hoping to see the jetways removed. But there was no changement. Then I tried again with other three jetways (72, 75, 76), so I created an Exclude .bgl for in total 4 jetways. The Exclude .bgl seems to be up to date, although at Montreal jetways have not been removed. They're still there  ???

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance

ols500

Re: I can't remove jetways from FlyTampa Montreal scenery
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 07:40:32 pm »
They might be part of the scenery, if so you can't exclude them.

vrouleau

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 07:45:34 pm »
the exclusion did not work for me. I removed the jetways files manually and they when away. But then, Georges at FlyTampa said that the latest update will include SODE and is coming soon. So I'll wait for that.

/Vincent Rouleau
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 09:00:19 pm by vrouleau »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 09:19:23 pm »
the exclusion did not work for me. I removed the jetways files manually and they when away.

As ols500 told you, if jetways are modeled as part of a terminal, they cannot be excluded with an exclude file.

Nimic

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 04:23:45 am »
Even if the scenery has some BGL files named "Jetways"?  (just checked)

Apparently removing these files I can delete all the jetways from the scenery, but it's not really an exclude like GSX does, which can be effective on a single jetway at a time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 01:57:01 am »
Even if the scenery has some BGL files named "Jetways"?  (just checked)

Yes, you can do that. But, as you noticed, it will likely remove all jetways. And, it's not a very clean solution, since if you do it too all sceneries, all the .BGLs you remove will result in invisible errors of not finding library objects, which might cause stuttering, if there are many.