Author Topic: Fresh Windows install, unable to re-activate GSX  (Read 1948 times)

Rob Jones

Fresh Windows install, unable to re-activate GSX
« on: July 19, 2019, 01:34:49 pm »
Non of the activation methods work for GSX1/2. A pop-up has appeared, which I have not seen before, named Soraco. It suggests I use my email address, but the email sent to me was blank, no message.

Rob j

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fresh Windows install, unable to re-activate GSX
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 04:19:16 pm »
First, the pop-up normally appears ONLY when the activation server cannot be reached. Since both Esellerate (until Sept 30th) AND Soraco ( the new server ) are online now, the only possible reason for seeing the License Wizard, is because you have a firewall that is blocking access to BOTH servers.

So, first try to fix your firewall/antivirus problem, because this way the activation will be much easier.

However, the offline activation would work as well, but if you bought the product before July 1st, you need your new Soraco activation key, because old Esellerate keys cannot be recognized by the OFFLINE License Wizard, so you need to know the new key that has been associated with your old Esellerate key.

There's no reason why the email sent to you by Soraco is blank. I tried it now, and the email is surely readable, so it must be something in your email program. Try reading the email with another program or using webmail.

Rob Jones

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 07:10:06 pm »
 The license wizard says it sent a code to my email address but nothing received. Firewall is set to accept all emails; I've been using that email address all day - I'm at a loss now what to do next. The email address associated with GSX1 is now defunct, and GSXL2 uses my current address. How do I get a Soraco key?
I have used two computers and my mobile to access emails.

Just received an email from support@virtualisoftware.com (no subject).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 07:19:42 pm by jonesrob »

Rob Jones

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 08:34:13 pm »
Fixed. All this was caused by a corrupt Windows install. I forgot that I was able to rescue a copy of C/Users on a separate drive, which had the registry key for GSXL2 on it. I copied that to my new Windows install and was then able to enter the GSX1 key, and it all works. Needless to say I now have copies of of both keys on a separate drive.
I still don't understand why earlier efforts didn't work, but it works now.

Best wishes

Rob J