Author Topic: Number of flight crew customizable?  (Read 3396 times)

qqwertz

Number of flight crew customizable?
« on: September 09, 2018, 03:12:32 pm »
Hello,

first of all thanks for GSX 2. It looks great and brought me back to use GSX after a year or 2 of absence. I have started to customize it for some of my airplanes, including the Saab 340. This plane has only 34 passenger seats and normally would fly with only a single flight attendant. However, GSX 2 always boards 2 pilots and 4 flight attendants (FA), which is a slight exaggeration for this type of plane. GSX also typically estimates that I would only board 2 pax, which created some amusing boarding patterns: 2 pilots, 4 FAs, 2 pax, and about 8 pieces of luggage  :D

My question: is there a way to tell GSX how many pilots and FAs a plane would normally have?

Thanks a lot again,
Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Number of flight crew customizable?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 04:47:12 pm »
Right now, there isn't.  We'll keep it in mind for an update.

DMdoc

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 10:33:30 pm »
It would be VERY nice to be able to customize the number of crew (and perhaps the number of pilots, also).

qqwertz

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 12:03:31 am »
Hello Umberto,

did you give this idea any more thoughts? In my opinion, GSX2 would actually fit much better to smaller planes with less than 50 passengers because these planes often are located at stands without a jetway. While GSX2 works great for jets, the majority of time I notice little when passengers are boarding, simply because they are hidden in a jetway (I normally use solid ones). However, a Saab 340, CRJ 200 or other planes of that type would make full use of GSX2 if it weren't for the for flight attendants.

It would also be great if the number of cockpit crew could be set, so that older planes could have a flight engineer boarding as well.

Thanks,
Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 11:57:55 am »
However, a Saab 340, CRJ 200 or other planes of that type would make full use of GSX2 if it weren't for the for flight attendants.

Please clarify this. GSX can surely work and show passengers with these airplanes, I'm not sure how not being able to specify the number of attendants would make it any less usable.

Of course, you must correctly configure such airplanes, for example adding Embedded stairs, as explained on the manual.

qqwertz

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 10:10:35 pm »
Hello Umberto,

yes, GSX2 works well with the Saab 340 and my other airplanes, and I have correctly configured those planes (see sharing area). However, the Saab 340 (for instance) is a plane with pilot, copilot, and about 40 passengers. Normally, such a plane would only have one flight attendant (FA), but GSX2 always boards 4 FAs. It would be more realistic if one could configure the number of FAs for every airplane. It just looks odd if you have 4 FAs entering the plane and then maybe 20 passengers.

For other planes (think of the Constellation), the number of cockpit crew might be more than 2, so customizing that number would be helpful, too.

Best regards,
Peter

mbscjohnp

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 02:47:43 am »
Umberto:  While you are looking at this situation, how about the fact that we currently have female pilots and male attendants.  Can GSX also acknowledge this circumstance when loading the crew.  It has been a long time coming in the real world, I hope that will not be the case with GSX.  Since the Airbus, once the aircraft has left the runway, the flight crew is supposed to only touch the altitude and heading knobs.  We must consider playing inflight movies in the cockpit on long hauls, instead of simply a good book to keep the crew awake.   ;D Thanks for all you do.  John
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 02:50:08 am by mbscjohnp »
Retired (mostly tired) pilot (bus driver), whose Flight Surgeon declined to re-certify and bosses said to "go fishing", but still paying every month. Now simming familiar routes in an Airbus (fly-by-wire & only touch the knobs when ATC says so) "bring a good book". Cockpit should have online movies.