Author Topic: LVL2, How do I change the default passenger bus texture from FSExpo!?  (Read 2532 times)

OMGEDSON

https://i.imgur.com/T6TWleh.jpg

Pretty terrible placement for default initial advertising if you ask me...would appreciate being told how to change it.

-e
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 05:56:57 am by OMGEDSON »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LVL2, How do I change the default passenger bus texture from FSExpo!?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 11:20:09 am »
We considered removing that livery but, it's not always nice to "remove" something. We thought it might have been a nice memento of the exhibit for all users (1100 of them) that came to visit our booth there. Never imagined someone would complain about it... And "terrible" ? Really ?

In any case, just remove these lines:

[fltsim.6]
title=FSDT_neoplan_bus_fsexpo
model=
texture=fsexpo

From the Addon Manager\simobjects\FSDT_neoplan_bus\sim.cfg file

Of course, it will be replaced in case we'll do another Live Update. But I don't think it's right to remove the livery for everybody, just because you don't like it. And I think it might look silly, if we started a POLL (which can be used for far more important things), asking users if they feel offended by that livery.

Thanks god we haven't put my "The Man in the High Castle" livery, with the American Reich Svastika logo...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3334278/New-York-Governor-ordered-Amazon-remove-Nazi-subway-Man-High-Castle-ads-public-outcry.html

P.S.
The above livery doesn't exits and nobody ever thought making one (Amazon is much smarter than we are...). It IS A JOKE

supercar1000

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 11:43:20 am »
I have to agree with e, it kinda breaks the immersion when you arrive at an airport and get greeted by a FSExpo bus.

It would be a great easter-egg in Vegas or Orlando but it's a bit bizarre anywhere else. It can be seen as advertising and it's understandable to disagree with this integration.

The sim is the last place in this world that hasn't been plagued with advertisements and I think we have to preserve that.

Regards,
Keven
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 11:46:06 am by supercar1000 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 11:47:24 am »
It would be a great easter-egg in Vegas or Orlando but it's a bit bizarre anywhere else.

In that case, it could be done, by changing the aforementioned lines this way:

[fltsim.6]
title=FSDT_neoplan_bus_fsexpo
model=
texture=fsexpo
couatl.icaoprefixes=KLAS KMCO

Would you find reasonable if we just did that in the normal distribution, rather than removing the livery altogether ?

supercar1000

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 11:57:56 am »
It would be a great easter-egg in Vegas or Orlando but it's a bit bizarre anywhere else.
Would you find reasonable if we just did that in the normal distribution, rather than removing the livery altogether ?

I think that would be fantastic indeed!  :)

OMGEDSON

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 05:11:39 am »
That would be ideal! Glad you didn't take this the wrong way. It was just an immersion breaker for me, and I'm sure not to be alone. Also it seems I was just randomly presented with that livery as my first as it seems it rotates randomly eh!? Gracias Umberto.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 06:34:10 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 06:36:47 pm »
Also it seems I was just randomly presented with that livery as my first as it seems it rotates randomly eh!?

Yes, of course it's random (when there are no specific ICAO codes assigned to it). There are 7 versions of the new Neoplan bus, and 7 versions of the old model so, you had 1/14th ( 7% ) chance of getting the FsExpo variation...