Author Topic: DUBAI for FSX  (Read 16343 times)

wass

DUBAI for FSX
« on: May 22, 2009, 04:25:56 am »
Tell me a single person that doesn't want Dubai. come on guys wouldn't that be heaven if fsdreamteam made it.
Fly Tampa Failed!!!! their Dubai scenery sucks the real Dubai also it is very outdated and looks nothing like that today.
but honestly it was very good when it came out. Because that is what Fly Tampa thought the airport was going to look in a couple of years.

problems with Fly Tampa's Dubai scenery

- Unrealistic airport layout
- The Jetways on terminal 3 looks nothing like ones in Dubai
- The transparent windows in the terminal buildings is completely clear when in Dubai it is very darkly tinted dark blue
- wrong positioning of hotels and buildings
- A lot of missing skyscrapers
- DOES NOT WORK FSX

not to mention when I got it to work for FSX it crashed my computer

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
Re: DUBAI for FSX
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 04:29:52 am »
Tell me a single person that doesn't want Dubai. come on guys wouldn't that be heaven if fsdreamteam made it.
Fly Tampa Failed!!!! their Dubai scenery sucks the real Dubai also it is very outdated and looks nothing like that today.
but honestly it was very good when it came out. Because that is what Fly Tampa thought the airport was going to look in a couple of years.

problems with Fly Tampa's Dubai scenery

- Unrealistic airport layout
- The Jetways on terminal 3 looks nothing like ones in Dubai
- The transparent windows in the terminal buildings is completely clear when in Dubai it is very darkly tinted dark blue
- wrong positioning of hotels and buildings
- DOES NOT WORK FSX

I will be the first to tell you. I am not interested!  Sorry
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

JFKpilot

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 06:12:42 am »
I will be the first to tell you. I am not interested!  Sorry

lol...

wass:
I'm assuming you already saw the freeware dubai scenery for fsx by Oliver Bochu right? It's pretty crappy at the moment (bad fps, no matching afcad, outdated coding, etc.), but I think from a visual standpoint it has potential. The large photoreal coverage with autogen annotation is certainly nice. Maybe you can push the author for some improvements?  ;D Of course it'll never be Fsdt quality, but unless you somehow convince virtuali it could be your only option... :-\
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 06:25:55 am by JFKpilot »
Flight is the only truly new sensation than men have achieved in modern history.  -James Dickey

JSE516

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 08:33:39 am »
I'd say Dubai is pretty far down on my wish list as well so I guess I'm the second person to tell you.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 08:49:56 am »
I'd say Dubai is pretty far down on my wish list as well so I guess I'm the second person to tell you.

Not too interested in Dubai either. I would however like to see more non major US airports like the KFLL project. Perhaps KONT, KTUS, KABQ, things of that nature. Seems like a lot of these airports, like KFLL, have been ignored for years by most developers. I don't always want to fly into a major hub just to have a nice airport for a destination. Besides the fact it seems like some of these smaller airports would be easier to do since they are smaller and less complex than the major hubs. The KFLL project seems to be progressing at a very fast rate.

ESzczesniak

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 06:03:32 pm »
Not really interested myself either.

I'm first and foremost a fan of US airports.  I agree with the statements about smaller airports, but truthfully there are some major hubs that are lacking in FSX as well.  Namely, KDEN, KSFO, KLAX and KBOS.  Some great scenery in FS9 for those though, so I'm hoping for updates someday.  After that, I'd love to see the smaller airports.  KMKE, KSTL and KDTW are fairly high on my list, but just about anything that you can realistically fly a 737 or decent sized RJ to would make me happy.

After that, I like the major European hubs and then some of the Asian hubs.  I'd also like to see some of eastern Europe.  Based on what sells well, there may be some variations in order here, but this list isn't too disimiliar to others.

wideloadwhitford

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 03:50:23 am »
I'm sorry but I'm not either, KBOS was done by them, and I'm not complaining, even if its 5 years old.

Is this a privilege to have these?

Don't complain if you cant get them to work for FSX, if it doesn't work it doesn't work...

Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR3
512SSD
nVidia 970GTX 4GB

waleed

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 07:22:59 am »
I would love nothing more than to have an fsx version of omdb as I live there now.
Having said that, I understand the fact that demand is not so high, and have to accept it. FSDT has to produce moneymakers, or they cease to exist. Plain and simple.

As far as the scenery itself is concerned, you can forget about a city scenery for at least a decade, as the whole city, including infrastructure is under construction.
It cannot be properly reproduced, even after the slowdown in the economy. It just changes greatly from day to day.

Again, please understand that I am all for it, but realize that it may be out of reach.
I am holding out for ft to redo "older" sceneries for fsx, but the issue (in my opinion) is that we would want it as a free update, as opposed to new scenery, and from a business point of view that is not healthy.

Flyer

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 11:41:14 am »

I think there is one comming out

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18163

But there website doesn't seem to be up and running.

boomsonic

• BOOM!
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 12:59:08 pm »
Yeh I would love to see a new Dubai scenery (its a massive connection point between Europe and the southern Hemisphere). Most people in here are either Americans or Europeans so they want FSDT to make and remake sceneries that are within 5 hours accessibility of their home airports, which is why we see them being the ultimate money-makers. For the more adventureous flight simmers who fly to destinations outside of these two continents, they will just have to put up with Imaginesim (not complaining), outdated Fly Tampa sceneries, freeware and the up and coming names such as ORBX etc to produce the goods.

It's a shame really but then again my opinion is very debatable, as I prefer to do long hauls to far away destinations, whereas most simmers prefer short to medium haul flights. I've accept FSDT won't do anything in Oz, Asia, Africa or the Middle East so I'll keep my fingers crossed for the other developers to do it  ;D

pride545

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 06:54:55 am »

I think there is one comming out

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18163

But there website doesn't seem to be up and running.

He hasn't posted anything about this scenery since July!!!
Moe Works

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 07:05:23 am »
Over on the FlyTampa forum, Martin said he may consider doing and update or new version of Dubai.

Half way down this post http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4467&start=15

ArturAir wrote:
"May we expect updated Dubai as well?"

Martin wrote:
"Not anytime soon but thats one I'm considering."

So you maybe in luck sometime in the distant future.