Author Topic: GSX v2 jetway customization  (Read 2294 times)

LB777

GSX v2 jetway customization
« on: September 09, 2018, 12:42:18 am »
Just bought the expansion.
You can't do this can you...? (referring to the flashy red supports)

DreamSkywards

Re: GSX v2 jetway customization
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 12:44:02 am »
I don't work with FSDT but let me chime in. No, I tried to look for the same ones but could not find/edit them.

I was interested in these too as that pic is from Geneva, my home airport.

LB777

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 12:52:08 am »
WELL...... that's a bit of a letdown eh.
First I was hoping FSDT would actually update their own airports with SODE jetways to showcase v2, but that didn't happen. So figured I'd try and do it myself for Geneva but I guess not...  ;D

Hopefully further updates will allow for more control over jetway appearance.

DreamSkywards

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 12:56:44 am »
Well Umberto did say they (FSDT) would likely update their own airports where SODE was not available.
But I decided to give it a go myself. Really easy.

I think these modifications may come at some point in the future. They did say they were open to add more jetways too. And they are also looking to add "special" jetways for LSGG in a future update, for the 2 satelites in the middle of the apron where user customization is not actually possible due to the modeled jetways not being able to rotate clockwise to reach the airplane doors.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 12:58:42 am by DreamSkywards »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 12:58:55 am »
WELL...... that's a bit of a letdown eh.

Why, exectly ? Just because you don't have red pylons ?

First I was hoping FSDT would actually update their own airports with SODE jetways to showcase v2, but that didn't happen

We surely did, and of course we did it with the most complex and with more jetways than everything else, JFK of course. We'll surely do the others in the next weeks.

Hopefully further updates will allow for more control over jetway appearance.

It's extremely easy for us adding new jetway repaints (not new models, that's very complex) but the issue is, you really cannot expect we'd recreate all jetways of the world, that's something scenery developers should do with their own scenery.

DreamSkywards

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 01:03:54 am »
These ones comes closest to the real ones at LSGG, I use these ones (some with different lenghts).

For the 2 satelites where jetways have to turn clockwise, we can't do much but wait for the next update.