Author Topic: GSX Level 2: No Jetway can Operate at This Position  (Read 16377 times)

Speedbird ATC

GSX Level 2: No Jetway can Operate at This Position
« on: September 08, 2018, 09:56:04 pm »

Pressing the num 5 key while customizing seems to leave no issues. Any idea what is causing this? Could it have something to do with the stop position?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Level 2: No Jetway can Operate at This Position
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 10:02:51 pm »
As explained on the manual, page 43:

By pressing this key, GSX will use SODE to test the Jetway against all the passenger doors in the currently loaded airplane, and it will indicate if any of them will work, taking into account the airplane position the jetway type/position/heading.

And as already discussed on the forum here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18412.msg128058.html#msg128058

here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18481.msg128336.html#msg128336

here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18401.msg128067.html#msg128067

and here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18487.msg128393.html#msg128393

These are the thing that affects whether a jetway will resolve or not:

- Rotate and move the jetway. In general, it's best to rotate them more in the outward position, so they must rotate a bit in counter-clockwise direction to reach the final position.

- Choose a different jetway model. Those with 3 tunnels are more flexible.

- Tweak the airplane Stop position.

Speedbird ATC

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 10:13:26 pm »
Pressing the key confirms that the jetway in its current position, with that model, will work. Would you like me to provide a log?

Speedbird ATC

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 10:15:07 pm »
Also: Didn't you literally just tell me that it is possible to adjust every single one of the jetways at once, and that I shouldn't have to manually adjust their induvidual positions. Hmmmm....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 10:15:39 pm »
Pressing the key confirms that the jetway in its current position, with that model, will work.

So it will work. What's your issue then ?

Speedbird ATC

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 10:18:37 pm »
Umberto. Look. At. The. Screenshot. It tells me it will work, but it only works if I move the nose inside the building. I have tweeked the stop position, but to no avail

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 10:24:29 pm »
Also: Didn't you literally just tell me that it is possible to adjust every single one of the jetways at once, and that I shouldn't have to manually adjust their induvidual positions. Hmmmm....

You still don't understand. This was a reply to your screenshot, which seemed to show jetways in totally wrong positions, NOT matching the position of the original ones in the AFCAD, which lead to believe you HAD an AFCAD conflict.

I'll trying to explain it more clearly:

- If you don't do ANYTHING, you are supposed to see replacement jetways in the SAME position and the SAME heading of the ones in the scenery AFCAD. So no, you don't have to "manually adjust their individual positions" to achieve THIS. If you don't see this, then you probably had an AFCAD conflict. Assuming, of course, you didn't start moving jetways all around the airport. Let's say you are starting from scratch.

- Having the replacement jetways in the same position, doesn't auto-magically guaranteed they WILLwork! This was never possible with default jetways and, in addition to that, you cannot be sure that a jetway which has been placed by the original scenery developer which worked with THEIR model, would automatically work from the same position/heading with a GSX replacement model.

Because, as I've said, several times by now, the jetway type, its position and start rotation, in combination with the airplane stop position, will ALL affect whether a jetway will work or not, from a replaced position that belong to another jetway.

So, maybe your only issue is that you simply chose the wrong model to replace with. Why you think we included so many size variations ? Because, even in real world, jetways ARE customized to the parking position.

Don't you think that, if a "magic" jetway that could always work, regardless of the placement and the airplane stop ever existed, real world manufacturer wouldn't bother offering dozen of size variations ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 10:26:37 pm »
Umberto. Look. At. The. Screenshot.

I don't know what you are trying to say here. You opened a new thread for some reason. There's no screenshot in this thread. Are you intentionally trying to make my life harder, and slowing down support for everybody else ?

Speedbird. ATC. Post. The. Screenshot. HERE.

Speedbird ATC

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 10:31:05 pm »
I am so sorry. I have been going through some things lately and I am in a pretty bad mood. I didn't notice that the screenshot didn't post. Please forgive my tone

Speedbird ATC

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 10:32:33 pm »
https://i.imgur.com/JRGevXS.jpg Here is the screenshot

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 10:56:18 pm »
Ok, that's FSDT KLAX so, let's start from scratch again:

- First, remove your customization for KLAX, by removing any file related to it in this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX

- Restart Couatl

- Be sure GSX is using the right AFCAD for KLAX, named KLAX_AP.BGL, in the fsdreamteam\KLAX_V2\Scenery folder

- Open the parking customization page and just click the Exclude radius button. You are supposed to see a replacement jetway at the SAME position/heading of the one which was already there. Is this what you see ?

Speedbird ATC

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2018, 11:51:24 pm »
On all except a few parking spots. Some spots only have static jetways, others have no jetway whatsoever
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 11:54:23 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2018, 11:54:58 pm »
On all except a few parking spots. Some spots only have static jetways, others have no jetway whatsoever

That's how a scenery is normally made. Not sure if we had any static jetways at KLAX but, if you say so, there must be some...

Speedbird ATC

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2018, 11:57:47 pm »
I am supposed to manually add jetways where jetways are missing correct? Anyways, I still get the same message when I try to connect the jetway

Speedbird ATC

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2018, 12:14:42 am »
I have the same issue at vancouver