Author Topic: GSX Menu not showing (Solved)  (Read 17775 times)

olddogg60

GSX Menu not showing (Solved)
« on: September 08, 2018, 09:26:16 pm »
    Since I added GSX Level 2 Expansion, GSX no longer works.  I have uninstalled GSX ,GSX level 2 and Addon manager and restarted the PC.  I reinstalled with my Anti-Virus disabled.  When I load the sim I have the new Jetways and Addon Manager shows GSX and GSX Level 2 as registered.  In the drop down menu I can access Disable GSX, Settings, Customize Aircraft, Customize Airport Position but not the Show GSX Menu.  When I load an airport I don't see the line at the top of the screen that indicates that GSX is getting the airport info.  I did try one of the Trial airports (KSFO) to see if it was operating in that mode but that didn't work either.  Any help would be highly appreciated.  
Thank you,
Bill
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 02:10:36 am by olddogg60 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Menu not showing
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 09:28:47 pm »
In the drop down menu I can access Disable GSX, Settings, Customize Aircraft, Customize Airport Position but not the Show GSX Menu. 

Are you sure that, by accessing the "Disable" option, you haven't accidentally disabled ? Because, your description of the problem is entirely compatible with having mistakenly Disabled GSX.

If that doesn't work, try a "Restart and rebuild airport cache" from the Couatl menu. You should see the cache regeneration process and, if everything goes well, the message the cache has been loaded at the end.

olddogg60

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 01:31:50 am »
Thank you for the reply.  I will certainly check that out.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and only one time did I select Disable/Enable to see what that would do.  Since then I have uninstalled and reinstalled again.  I did try the "Rebuild cache" once and I didn't see a message.

Bill

Edit:  I tried again and no go.  The GSX menu doesn't come up.  When I select "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" the jetways go away and then come back but no message or indication of the rebuild.  If I select Disable the jetways go away and when Enable is selected they come back.
    Thanks for the help I know that your plate is very full now.
Best regards,

Bill

2nd Edit:  I uninstalled again and removed Addon Manager.  I reinstalled and now If I try to bring up the 'You Control' menu or 'By Pass You Control' menu I get a tone that sounds like a spring recoil, for lack of a better description.  I don't know if this is progress or not.  I'm hoping that this will tell you something about my problem.  I hadn't previously had this sound.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 11:27:29 pm by olddogg60 »

olddogg60

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 01:05:35 am »
    Something new today.  I started the sim and the GSX menu would open but it was just showing the Trial airports.  It also indicated in Addon Manager that GSX and GSX Level 2 weren't registered.  I enter my serial numbers and the registration was good.  The GSX menu was still in Trial mode.  I relocated to the trial airport (KSFO) and then the menu wouldn't open once again.

Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 08:22:10 am »
You must probably restart Couatl (or the sim) the first time after the activation.

anappy

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 05:14:57 pm »
I have the same problem there is no Gsx menu. No amount of restarts or reinstall fixes this.

olddogg60

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 06:01:28 pm »
I have the same problem there is no Gsx menu. No amount of restarts or reinstall fixes this.

That is what I have.  If I uninstall everything, start the sim and then close the sim, on the next sim start I can get the Trial menu.  I relocate to one of the Trial airports, KSFO in this case, I was able to bring up the GSX menu once and then it was back to no menu.  I have tried just registering GSX but I can't get a menu that way either.  Basically, I haven't been able to use GSX since I installed GSX Level 2.

Bill

Edit:  I should add, when I get the Trial menu, if I register GSX at that point it stops working also.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 06:05:05 pm by olddogg60 »

olddogg60

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 07:01:47 pm »
    Yesterday I had uninstalled and reinstall GSX Level 2.  I started the flight sim and then closed it and restarted the sim again.  I was asked if I wanted to activate GSX and I selected 'No'.  I the opening screen I selected one of the Trial airports (KSFO) and the PMDG 737.  At KFSO GSX Level 2 worked.  I will go back and register GSX Level 2 and see if it still works.  From my experience so far I expect it not to work.  I will report back.

Bill

olddogg60

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 09:54:41 pm »
    Today I tried the same steps only saying yes to the activation of GSX on startup.  As I expected GSX did not work.  At first GSX Level 2 showed that it was registered so after trying to bring up the menu and failing, I registered GSX.  Everything still the same.  I tried deactivating GSX Level 2 but still no menu.  When I tried to deactivate GSX I received an error message and GSX wasn't deactivated.  With GSX Level 2 supposedly deactivated the new jetways remained.  I don't know if any of this helps.  I just know that I haven't been able to use GSX in any mode but the Trial mode.

Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2018, 10:32:26 pm »
Today I tried the same steps only saying yes to the activation of GSX on startup. 

You don't say what happened next. Normally, you are supposed to see a message saying the activation was successful, or a message saying the activation wasn't successful, with some error code. Which one you saw ?

olddogg60

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2018, 11:42:48 pm »
The activation was successful.  Half way through the flight I also got the blurriness of the terrain that some others are post about.  Related?  I don't know.

Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2018, 11:48:28 pm »
If the activation is successful, it will work. Do you mean the activation doesn't stay for the next restart ?

olddogg60

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2018, 12:57:03 am »
No.  The activation remains active (supposedly) but the menu doesn't come up.  The only way GSX has worked now is in Trial mode.  I'm sure that you are very busy so I will wait patiently for a resolution.
Thank you,
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2018, 01:00:32 am »
I don't think it might be possible a solution to a problem we cannot replicate. This simply cannot happen.

Are you sure you activate BOTH GSX and GSX Level 2 ?

olddogg60

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2018, 01:39:04 am »
>Are you sure you activate BOTH GSX and GSX Level 2 ?<    Yes.  Is there any way to just activate GSX to see if it works with out Level 2?

Bill