Author Topic: no pax or ability to set amount of pax lvl2  (Read 4292 times)

Kilstorm

no pax or ability to set amount of pax lvl2
« on: September 08, 2018, 04:28:32 pm »
I was able to configure the cargo door and thus get the convery belt to work so I feel like I have some understanding of how to configure the aircraft. I set the door and the stairs and embedded them but still no pax are shown getting out of the van/bus. If I try to manually set pax I see no pop up or place to enter the amount of pax.

Heres a video showing my aircraft config points of doors and start and stop points and then calling for boarding. I sped up the boarding part.

So what am I missing?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: no pax or ability to set amount of pax lvl2
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 04:30:51 pm »
You can specify the number of passengers manually only if the "Estimate Passenger number" option is not checked.

Kilstorm

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 04:49:00 pm »
Okay so I made a video showing that I have that unchecked  and used the payload manager of the Twin Otter to load the pax. Does GSX read that info to determine the manual load pax or is there a prompt that should open to give the pax count? Everything seems to be working fine except I dont see any pax. In the first video I show all the door points so why am I not seeing any pax? Just trying to get this to work and willing to give you any info you need to help me figure out what I am not doing correctly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 04:54:03 pm »
First, you might have to restart Couatl to have the "Estimate Passenger number" option being read. However, this is not really the issue. Regardless if GSX asked the number of passengers or not, you can see it HAS calculated a number (17).

However, I cannot see any passenger bus in your video. Passengers requires a bus to be seen so, if that parking has the bus disabled in the customization page, you won't see any passengers.

Kilstorm

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 05:15:23 pm »
The disable buses is not checked so there should be buses. Two buses show up. One for the crew which is bigger than the one for the pax. Neither allow pax or crew to be seen walking to the plane. I restarted the computer and saw where I can enter the pax which does read off of the twin otter configurator. but still no pax are seen. Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 06:18:52 pm »
Well, it might seem logic but, do you have GSX Level 2 (not just GSX) activated ?

Kilstorm

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 07:17:06 pm »
Hoping that was it but no it is active and so is the normal GSX. I tried loading the Connie in P3Dv4 and saw pilots crew and pax. However, all the textures are blending through. I will post about that in another thread. As for now trying to figure out why no Pax. How do I do a complete reinstall of GSX? Anything else I can trouble shoot?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 08:20:16 pm »
How do I do a complete reinstall of GSX?

Just run the full installer again. If you want to clear all the GSX preference, remove this file before reinstalling.

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.ini

This will reset everything to default.

Kilstorm

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 09:36:44 pm »
What would you do? I did a fresh reinstall and everything seems to work but just not on this twin otter plane for seeing pax. I can set the cargo door but I seem to be missing on setting the stairs or pax door. Does the main pax door have to be labeled a certain way?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 09:37:27 pm »
Do you see passengers with a larger airplane, which will use the larger bus ?

Kilstorm

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 09:42:45 pm »
Yes. I see both pax and the larger bus with the Connie. Now that I can set teh pax in the Twin Otter I get the bigger bus with 17 pax where when it was loading 2 pax the small little white van brought the pax. So everything seems to be working correctly but just cant see the pax for the Twin Otter.

Kilstorm

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2018, 02:52:29 pm »
Personally I am a little disappointed in Level 2 so far. The biggest plane I fly is the Majestic Dash 8. I can understand the Aerosoft Twin Otter not working out of the box for lvl2 but I would think that at least with the popularity of the Dash 8, it would work. But as far as I can see I can never get the passenger vehicles to come to the plane. The only plane I have successfully seen lvl2 work with is the default Connie in P3Dv4, which i would never use.

I've tried to go through the manual to set up the Twin Otter and was able to use the instructions to create a Cargo door but not sure why I cant do it with the Passengers. Perhaps a tutorial video would be a better way to show how to add these kinds of planes with the stair case attached to the plane. So as of right now, the reason why I am disappointed is that I really cant use any of the features of level 2 and can not find any help to get them to work.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 04:54:30 pm by virtuali »

qqwertz

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2018, 03:05:45 pm »
You can specify the number of passengers manually only if the "Estimate Passenger number" option is not checked.
Just a minor bug report: the manual says one should enable this option, rather than disable. In case you decide to edit this, it would be good to remark in this section that Couatl has to be restarted. After I did this, everything worked perfectly fine.

Thanks for GSX 2, I really enjoy it.
Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2018, 04:53:01 pm »
Just a minor bug report: the manual says one should enable this option, rather than disable.

Yes, I know, but I thought fixing the program issues should come before fixing the manual...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2018, 04:54:37 pm »
Personally I am a little disappointed in Level 2 so far. The biggest plane I fly is the Majestic Dash 8.

The problem with the Dash 8 and other planes using the smaller stairs has already been fixed now in the latest Live Update. Be sure you reset the Dash-8 configuration after the update, to be sure GSX will use the (now updated) internal one.