Author Topic: FSLABS A319 Boarding shuts down external power  (Read 3572 times)

Rhinozherous

FSLABS A319 Boarding shuts down external power
« on: September 08, 2018, 04:10:19 pm »
Hello!
I start the airbus in a state where it is already connected to external power, then I setup fuel and weight, do a few preliminary tasks and after this I request boarding via gsx.

Here GSX shuts down my external power and the aircraft goes dark... Is there a way to disable this? Or do I have to board right after start, which would be a bit annoying.

Thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSLABS A319 Boarding shuts down external power
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 04:21:18 pm »
Which airbus ? Are you using a jetway and saw the message about the GSX battery charger in action and this is when that happened ?

That's the only case in which GSX ever interacts with the electrical system and, the only thing it does, is to keep the battery charged, but ONLY if it was below 90% of its voltage, and will only do it until it goes back to 90% so, it has been designed this way precisely for the reason that you *may* used an external power so:

- If you are using the external power, that's like to keep the battery charged until 100% so, if you already have it connected (and the charge is higher than 90%) before calling GSX, the GSX battery charger won't even start.

- If you don't use the external power or another power supply (maybe forgot to use it), and leave the battery to discharge, IF you are connected to a jetway, once it goes below 90%, the GSX charger will start, to prevent it from discharging.

Not sure how keeping the *battery* charged, which is a standard simulation variable available in all planes, could affect an airplane external power, which is instead a custom system, since the simulator doesn't provide with such system.

woozie

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 05:58:36 pm »
I've got the same issue with FSLabs A319 and GSX Level 2 jetways. It doesnt turn off power, it removes the GND Chocks as soon as i start the docking sequence through GSX menu. However, removing the GND Chocks will cause any external supplies to be disconnected, therefore the power loss

I was also suspecting the GSX battery charger first, so i removed the power supply from the jetway, but the issue remained. Thats when i realized its actually removing the chocks.

Will test the FSL A320 later today

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 06:01:59 pm »
GSX surely doesn't remove chocks. I suspect you are looking at some things the airplane is doing BY ITSELF, reacting to GSX, so you assume it's GSX, but it's not. Better ask FS Labs about this.

woozie

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 06:11:38 pm »
just watched it closely again, its actually not removing the chocks, its removing all external sources and kind of locks them (greyed out in MCDU) until battery charger is connected.

It disconnects as soon as i click "operate jetways" and before selecting the handling operator

See yourself, i made a short video:

« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 06:15:35 pm by woozie »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 06:17:01 pm »
It disconnects as soon as i click "operate jetways" and before selecting the handling operator

I assure it's nothing we are doing. Better ask FS Labs about this.

woozie

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 06:21:00 pm »
its definitely something related to GSX/FSLABS interaction, watch my video and you will see its no coincidence. The question remains if its caused by GSX or FSLABS, but its definitely related

I'll post it over in the FSLABS forum

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 06:30:06 pm »
its definitely something related to GSX/FSLABS interaction, watch my video and you will see its no coincidence.

Who said it was a "coincidence" ? I said exactly the opposite:

the airplane is doing BY ITSELF, reacting to GSX

But I'm not 100% aware of all things it can do, when it reacts to GSX, that's why I said to ask FS Labs.

woozie

Rhinozherous

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 10:20:37 pm »
ok cheers, i have posted it over at fslabs, lets see what they say

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/18954-fsla319-and-gsx-level-2-power-loss-when-docking-jetway/&tab=comments#comment-140402

Thank you very much for asking over at Fslabs!
They already have stated it is a bug on their side, they will fix it (no fix release date)