Author Topic: GSX Level 2 Control Panel not working  (Read 2611 times)

sanookbkk

GSX Level 2 Control Panel not working
« on: September 08, 2018, 03:19:04 pm »
Here is what happen when i want to start GSX Level 2 Control Panel.
And it only stops if i end task thru the  windows task manager.
Windows 10 64 bits -P3Dv4.3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Level 2 Control Panel not working
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 03:38:32 pm »
From the error message (unless you *really* installed P3D4.3 into E:\P3DV3, which seems strange ), the most likely cause is that you had P3D3 installed, but removed it in the wrong way, likely without running the uninstaller and just removing its folders, which would cause your registry key still containing the P3D3 installation data, which is confusing the Control Panel.

Or, you might have used the highly dangerous "Migration Tool", which is acting in a similar way, and of course will cause issues to proper P3D products that needs to recognize the different P3D versions and their difference with FSX, which is precisely what the Migration Tool screws with.

sanookbkk

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 04:28:30 pm »
I have indeed this P3Dv3 folder but I am not even sure it is in the registry.
Anyway when i installed my several FSDT sceneries and GSX it asked me to install it to P3Dv4, and did it to the right folders
Only GSX Level2 Control Panel decided to choose this folder and i have no idea why.
Also GSX and level 2 are working normally in v4, as i already started to customize jetwayS and it is working except that from time to time while working on jetway customization I got a CTD

Should i delete this folder and re install GSX ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 04:39:07 pm »
I have indeed this P3Dv3 folder but I am not even sure it is in the registry.

I'm sure it is. That's where the Control Panel takes its data from.

Anyway when i installed my several FSDT sceneries and GSX it asked me to install it to P3Dv4, and did it to the right folders

This because the installers only look in your user registry so, if that is correct, it will work.

Only GSX Level2 Control Panel decided to choose this folder and i have no idea why.

This because the Control Panel looks even in the local machine registry, because some user might have the user registry wrong, or switched to another account so, in theory should be more reliable. Unless, of course, your two registry are saying two different things.

Should i delete this folder and re install GSX ?

Yes, especially if it contained a Prepar3d.exe in it, since the Control Panel doesn't just blindly trust the registry, but it also verify the presence of the simulator executable, to check its version.