Author Topic: GSX does not recognize SODE jetways after upgrade  (Read 4244 times)

fernando002002

GSX does not recognize SODE jetways after upgrade
« on: May 31, 2018, 10:56:21 pm »
Hello friends! I'm from Brazil (I'm using Google Translate) and I'm new to the forum, please forgive any errors.

After a recent GSX upgrade, it no longer recognizes SODE jetways at any airport. This is another report of the problem, but if there is any possible solution, I am grateful.

Follows images of the problem and the perfect functioning of the SODE jetways (individually).

https://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/19/66/95/85/gsxpro10.jpg

https://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/19/66/95/85/gsxpro11.jpg
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 11:55:00 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX does not recognize SODE jetways after upgrade
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 11:56:48 pm »
As discussed in many other threads in this same forum, the latest GSX requires the latest version of SODE, 1.6.3, which has been released yesterday:

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?p=2564

We updated the FSDT Live Update program, which will give an alert if SODE is not updated so, hopefully, it will be much clear now.

vadriver

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 12:40:33 am »
Umberto

Using P3D41 with W764.. and updates of addonmanager / coutl yesterday.

I am seeing an "incompatability" between sodet163 & gsx, specifically the "autodock based on aircraft state (true)" feature ..... at a few airports (KLAS, KSFO & KSEA) & with my one / only PMDG NGX.

Firstly, no problems between using GSX to initiate jetways with sode163 set to false (manual) ...although if I use sode for docking instead, same interface problem as follows.

With sode on true, autodock occurs as expected (jetway extend & retract), but then if I use GSX for deboard, fuel etc. the jetway "snaps" to "off/retracted", sode connection lost & no further access to GSX features.

Hope it's a small glitch ..... using sode true with gsx seems a great combo.

cheers
cheers
john

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 03:46:44 pm »
SODE doesn't yet have autodock support in the GSX API so, it's possible there might be issues using autodock and GSX. After SODE will add support for autodock in the GSX API, we'll be able to add it to GSX too.

It will surely happen, most likely in the next SODE version.

For the time being, don't use the autodock.

vadriver

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 12:49:10 am »
thanks umberto ..... understood & looking forward to further news.
cheers
john

vadriver

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 02:46:57 am »
SODE doesn't yet have autodock support in the GSX API

Umberto

I haven't seen any updates from SODE recently .... but is this still the case now that you have GSX2's extensive use of SODE ?

Thanks for an update
John
cheers
john

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 11:09:15 am »
I haven't seen any updates from SODE recently .... but is this still the case now that you have GSX2's extensive use of SODE ?

Understand that SODE is a freeware product, and the author has a real-life work too so, you cannot expected being updated with the same speed as a commercial product. But the author is fully aware of this.