Author Topic: Autogen loading problem GSX level 2  (Read 12628 times)

peja1591

Autogen loading problem GSX level 2
« on: September 08, 2018, 06:42:47 am »
hello, once i bought and activated GSX level 2 i immediately had a problem with autogen loading. i tried to troubleshoot all possibilities but no luck... I did uninstall GSX level 2 and just went back to normal GSX and everything is perfect again. No problems. Has anyone else had this issue? What could be causing this?

sanookbkk

Re: Autogen loading problem GSX level 2
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 07:36:59 am »
I still have autogen but loading much slower than before

somiller

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 08:43:41 am »
I don't have GSX Level 2 installed, but I did update to the latest GSX which provides level 2 services at FSDT airports. Since the update, if I load into an FSDT airport it loads like it used to before the update. If I then load into a different FSDT airport, the load time takes forever, sitting at 36% for a long time, the slowly counting up to 69%, where it stays for a long time, then slowly counting up, and then finally loads. I've taken a look at task manager when this is happening, and most of the time my CPU is idling at no more than about 15%, apparently doing almost nothing. In a couple of instances I've gotten a blue screen with a message that says "Preparing Security Options", which goes away after about 10 secs. and then back to the P3D load screen.
Unfortunately, I trashed my previous GSX installer, so I have no way of going back...but if I can't find a solution quickly, I'll have to uninstall GSX.

Kind Regards,
Steven Miller

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 10:42:52 am »
Sorry, but it's impossible that installing GSX would make any difference to autogen, or even to the loading process of the simulator. When the simulator is loading, GSX is not doing *anything*, other than waiting for the sim to be ready.

It might be possible that, ON FSX, with an high passenger density and 4K textures enabled, the sim might crash when using it with a memory-hungry airplane and a complex airport, because you just exhausted the 4GB FSX can use at the most. And this should happen only AFTER deboarding started.

But on P3D4, sorry, whenever you are seeing, is NOT caused by GSX. Nothing has changed, other than the boarding process.

Blue screen CANNOT be caused by an user program like GSX. Only drivers can cause blue screen. So, you might be mislead thinking the problem is caused by GSX, but it might just be a problem of your video drivers. We use DX11 to create jetway numbers, so that might be somewhat related.

You can troubleshoot this. Disable the "Enable RTT" option in the Addon Manager settings, and restart the sim. If it works better, than you can SURE it's a driver problem. Or, possibly, a tweak gone wrong, or that is not right for your video card. In this case, removing all the tweaks and resetting the video card to all default settings might fix the issue.

Swisspilot

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 02:57:27 pm »
Same here

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 04:46:01 pm »
I already listed some possible solutions.

somiller

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 06:17:52 pm »
...Disable the "Enable RTT" option in the Addon Manager settings...

The RTT option is not "Enable RTT", it is "Disable RTT"

In any case, I assume your suggestion is to make sure RTT is not being used - "Disable RTT" box checked. I did this, saved settings to P3Dv4.3, restarted the sim, and absolutely no change. First airport load is fine (loaded into default scenario/airport which is Eglin AFB), second airport load is a little slower, and 3rd airport load takes about 5 - 10 minutes.

Previous to disabling RTT, I had installed an earlier Nvidia driver for my GTX1070...was running 399.07, went back to 397.64 - still had the loading problem.

Umberto, have you actually TRIED the scenario I describe - load into P3D, then switch to a FSDT airport, then switch to a different FSDT airport...it's usually the 3rd change of airport that brings my comp to a standstill.

I uninstalled GSX - no change
I uninstalled all FSDT airports and Addon Manager - problem solved

I am going to try and install one FSDT airport at a time, and test to see if the problem returns, and if everything works okay with all FSDT airports, then I'll install GSX and test again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 06:34:22 pm »
Umberto, have you actually TRIED the scenario I describe - load into P3D, then switch to a FSDT airport, then switch to a different FSDT airport...it's usually the 3rd change of airport that brings my comp to a standstill.

Yes, and even made a video for you:

As you can see, I switched between 4 different FSDT airports in a row, all of them with SODE jetways, and there's no slow down, no autogen problem, no frame rate drop, nothing.

somiller

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 06:51:59 pm »
I installed FSDT KJFK2 and got this:

As instructed, I downloaded GSX and installed, and got this:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 06:54:13 pm by somiller »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 06:54:20 pm »

You failed to include the only useful information: the error log details the message asked you to open.

somiller

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 07:24:30 pm »
Where is the error log...I'd be happy to post it.

somiller

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2018, 07:30:01 pm »

You failed to include the only useful information: the error log details the message asked you to open.

Umberto, I really appreciate all the hard work you put into your products, and the many hours to support them...but I have to say, a little different tone would go a long way to enlisting the support of your customers who have paid you money.

Here is a much better reply: "Please attach the error log, and I'll have a look."

Kind Regards,
Steven Miller

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2018, 07:35:41 pm »
Where is the error log...I'd be happy to post it.

The screen shot you posted said "Do you want to open the error log ?". If you replied Yes, it would open the error log in Notepad for you.

somiller

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2018, 07:39:49 pm »
Umberto,

If I had selected yes to open the error, do you really think we'd be having this back and forth...why the hell can't you make this easy and tell me where the error log is stored!?

Rather than argue with you, I just did a search for "Couatl" and found this:

couatl v3.2 (build 4032)
panic log started on Sat Sep  8 12:47:10 2018

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\dynamicShadows.py", line 131, in refreshObjects
  File "couatl\JFK2\__init__.py", line 120, in seasonChange
  File "couatl\JFK2\__init__.py", line 100, in patchSeason
RuntimeError: CreateFile failed: The system cannot find the path specified: "C:\ProgramData\virtuali/FSDT_KJFK/KJFK_sf01.mdl"
{'Airport': 'KJFK', 'User Pos': (40.628708464973016, -73.7733624481727, 5.7734 m, 1.8114 m, 301.0617069513269)}
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 07:41:35 pm by somiller »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2018, 07:49:32 pm »
If I had selected yes to open the error, do you really think we'd be having this back and forth...

Are you saying the error log showed once, and then never again ? Because, if it's still happening now, the only thing you had to do, was just start the sim again, to look at that screen. If the error, instead, is not happening anymore, then  why bother posting about it ?

why the hell can't you make this easy and tell me where the error log is stored!?

For the obvious reason I assumed the error keep coming at each startup of the simulator so, it should have been obvious to you as well that it would havbe been enough to start the simulator again, and get another chance to say yes to that message.

RuntimeError: CreateFile failed: The system cannot find the path specified: "C:\ProgramData\virtuali/FSDT_KJFK/KJFK_sf01.mdl"
{'Airport': 'KJFK', 'User Pos': (40.628708464973016, -73.7733624481727, 5.7734 m, 1.8114 m, 301.0617069513269)}

That error indicates you haven't run the FSDT Live Update or, as usual, an antivirus/firewall might have prevented the Live Update to do its job or, you installed the OLD version of JFK2 OVER GSX Level 2, because that error clearly indicates you are running an old version of the JFK2 code, one that belongs to the previous version, and not the one which is currently online now on the Live Update server, which is not possible NOT to get it, unless something else is interfering.

So, again, running the FSDT Live Update now, will surely download the latest JFK2 code, because the old one you are running it's just not online anymore.