Author Topic: Installed GSX Level 2, registration not activated  (Read 18742 times)

Wrongway Malcolm

Re: Installed GSX Level 2, registration not activated
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2018, 06:29:49 pm »
Thanks for the reply and idea.  I tried that with AV disabled, and that didn't change anything.

I purchased GSX from one online vendor back in 2015, did some initial updates, and went for a long time without updating it because my install was working perfectly in FSX and that's all I needed.  I purchased the GSX 2 expansion from another vendor, and downloaded the full installer from your website and ran that.  I'm wondering if GSX 2 got installed over an older GSX, it there a possibility a file or two didn't get updated, and old GSX isn't communicating with new GSX 2?

I have uninstalled GSX and GSX 2 using the win 7 control panel uninstaller, disabled AV, reinstalled with no AV, and reactivated both with no AV.  I know from other software sometimes Windows doesn't do a complete uninstall, and leaves a few files behind.  Could my problem have something to do with an incomplete uninstall of the older version?

I suppose I'm guessing in the dark.  What else would you recommend I try?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2018, 08:33:24 pm »
- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?"

- Reinstall GSX using ONLY the latest installer.

- Restart Windows. This might be required.

Wrongway Malcolm

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2018, 06:40:12 am »
This is Wrongway Malcolm again.  Thanks for your suggestions.  I tried them, and no luck.  I decided to verify GSX 2 was working so I put an OEM FSX aircraft at Milan and watched all the passengers board.  But still no joy at a small airport (S39, Prineville, Oregon, USA) with the OEM Cessna 208.  So, I'm thinking this is a problem with GSX 2 talking to GSX?  Any more ideas for me?

I do thank you for your efforts.

gdafc

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2018, 06:56:44 am »
Hi all

I have to say I am having the same issues with regards registering GSX2, each time I load an airport i get several popups telling me that GSX 2 is not registered would I like to register it now etc... etc...

On clicking yes, it saves the registration and on we go, in the addon manager GSX 2 is registered, however the next time I start up P3Dv4 the same again. I have tried the tips here, to no avail.

Many thanks

Garry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2018, 07:39:22 am »
So, I'm thinking this is a problem with GSX 2 talking to GSX? 

Are they both activated ?

Also, GSX requires a minimum of a parking and some taxi paths to work so, very small airports in the default scenery might not have it. Try the default 737 or A321 on a larger airport.

Wrongway Malcolm

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2018, 08:43:32 pm »
Both show as activated.

I've used S39 and the Just Flight Lockheed L10A with GSX 1 many times at this airport.  Can request catering, fuel, boarding, pushback, deboarding without any problem, all GSX 1 animations show fine.  With both GSX and GSX 2 showing as activated, the buses for pilot/crew and passengers come, just no visible passengers.  That's why I'm thinking somehow GSX 2 is showing in add-on manager as active, but maybe really it isn't.

At least as I'm working on this problem, I still get to use GSX1!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2018, 08:27:46 pm »
What do you see in the GSX Settings->Timings page ? The boarding/deboarding times, or the "Passenger Density" slider ?

Wrongway Malcolm

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2018, 04:55:52 am »
I see passenger density slider, refueling min time box and acceleration slider, message interval box.  It doesn't look like the timings page shown in the manual.

There's also an "about" button.  Pressing it, the latest date I see is Copyright c 2012.  No ref to GSX 2 or later copyright.  Don't know it that tells you anything.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2018, 06:43:35 pm »
I see passenger density slider

This means you have GSX Level 2 active. So, the only possible explanation is those airplanes, which are not already internally supported, so they require a custom configuration you are supposed to create, are not configured correctly.

Try a default airplane, or one that is already supported by GSX, to confirm the problem is in fact the airplane configuration.

refueling min time box and acceleration slider, message interval box.  It doesn't look like the timings page shown in the manual.

Yes, it does. Page 26 of the manual:

When the GSX Level 2 Expansion is Active, the Deboarding/Boarding settings in the Timings page will look different.

afropop

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2018, 03:11:22 am »
Hello, I have the same problem with FSX, does anyone have a solution?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2018, 04:30:15 am »

This thread is full of possible solutions. Before saying "I have the same problem", please say which ones you tried and if you see any difference.

Wrongway Malcolm

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2018, 07:42:52 am »
Virtuali, thanks for your last reply.  I spent so much time outside the airplane trying to watch passengers, I didn't get into the cockpit and try to fly.  I did fly last Monday, and low and behold, there are new, better radio voices for the pushback sequence.  So you are entirely correct, my GSX 2 is active, and something else is wrong with my setup.

Your answer set me to thinking.  I have a custom configuration for my Lockheed L10A, and I'm sure it's configured wrong.  I won't have time till the weekend to try to fix and test it, but I didn't want you to think I'd ignored your advice, which I appreciate.

Here's where I think the config is wrong: The L10A has one door, just behind the left wing.  The GSX graphic configurer shows a door in that position, which is clearly labeled #3.  I mistakenly thought that meant I should mark "no door" for all the other doors (including door #1), and mark door #3 as the only active door.

I've now realized in FSX, the only active door on my L10A is door #1.  The GSX configurer shows door #1 as the door just behind the cockpit in a generic passenger plane.  I'm sure GSX needs to use the door (the only door) FSX recognizes for passengers and cargo, and that would be door #1.  I need to go back and mark door #1 as the only active door, and then use the graphic configurer to move door #1 from behind the cockpit to behind the left wing, where the aircraft model has it.

This isn't a GSX problem, it's my misunderstanding of how GSX interacts with FSX, and how to use the graphic configurer.

Of course, I believe Murphy (of Murphy's Law fame) has a ticket to board my L10A. So I expect this will fix part of the problem, but I wouldn't be surprised if I need to fix something with the configuration of airport S39 before I actually see passengers...

Anyway, I wanted to acknowledge your answers to my problem, and thank you for them.  When I finally see passengers, I'll post a recap of my problem, and the solutions that fixed it.  It does look to me like my problems mimicked GSX not being active when actually it was active all along.

Gary

afropop

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2018, 09:14:33 am »

This thread is full of possible solutions. Before saying "I have the same problem", please say which ones you tried and if you see any difference.

I already tried everything written here, I installed all the Zero FSX, I installed as administrator, I already removed registry and I still can not use the GSX Level 2 expansion.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2018, 06:41:46 pm »
The GSX graphic configurer shows a door in that position, which is clearly labeled #3.  I mistakenly thought that meant I should mark "no door" for all the other doors (including door #1), and mark door #3 as the only active door.

Yes, that was the problem. If you have just a single door behind the wing, it must be #1. The diagram is just an example, it doesn't have to match the actual doors location and, #1 should always be there.

Have a look at our included configuration for the default L049 Constellation.

Wrongway Malcolm

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2018, 06:24:43 am »
That did it!  I now see passengers!  Turning off door #3 behind the wing in the GSX graphical editor, and turning on door #1 (just behind the cockpit in the GSX graphical editor) solved my problem.

Part of what confused me was that it's possible to select the door behind the left wing and tell it to behave as door #1.  That doesn't seem to work for GSX 2.  You need to select the door behind the cockpit as door #1, and then potentially move the door with the graphic editor to the correct position behind the left wing.

I will mention that my install of GSX 2 didn't go smoothly, and there were several things I did that may have also helped fix the problem.

The first good thing I did was to remove GSX completely, including the addon manager when prompted.  Then I reinstalled GSX from the most current file (which reinstalled GSX, GSX 2 and the latest addon manager).  Next I checked my fsx.cfg file, and found it was missing paths, as another post warns.  I put the following in my [main] section:

[Main]
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\data\SimObjects
SimObjectPaths.7=C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.8=C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects
SimObjectPaths.9=MyTraffic\aircraft
SimObjectPaths.10=SimObjects\IVAO_MTL

Before I fixed this, the [main] section was missing paths .6 onward.  It probably really helped something to fix this.

Then I made the door assignment change mentioned above.  Now all works as it's supposed to.

Afropop, hang in there and give Virtuali what he asks for.  My case shows it's possible for a problem to masquerade as a simple activation problem, when in fact, it's several problems mixed together.  Virtuali's advice here, plus the other related posts in this GSX developer's section will very probably get you what you need.

Virtuali, thanks again.  I love your product!

Wrongway Malcolm