Author Topic: Exclude scenery entry but empty folder  (Read 5344 times)

p3dx3

Exclude scenery entry but empty folder
« on: September 07, 2018, 05:29:28 pm »
FSDT Exclude is an addon.xml now with GSX2 but nothing is in the folder it is empty. May I delete or is this for adjusting jetways and other new features? Thank you for another great product.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Exclude scenery entry but empty folder
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 05:32:58 pm »
Leave it there, it will be fill up by the GSX Control Panel when you create exclusion .BGLs, which are required to replace jetways in 3rd party products that use CTRL+J jetways.

p3dx3

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 02:04:52 am »
Leave it there, it will be fill up by the GSX Control Panel when you create exclusion .BGLs, which are required to replace jetways in 3rd party products that use CTRL+J jetways.

Thanks. Do I place the scenery entry above airport scenery entries at the highest layer level?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 12:17:43 pm »
Thanks. Do I place the scenery entry above airport scenery entries at the highest layer level?

Doesn't matter, we noticed these excludes are always able to exclude jetways even on higher layers, which is very convenient in this case.

There might be some cases of complex cross-exclusions, depending on which sceneries you have so, if you find them, it might be required to have the FSDT Exclude on the highest layer but, right now, we haven't found them.

p3dx3

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 12:03:54 am »

Doesn't matter, we noticed these excludes are always able to exclude jetways even on higher layers, which is very convenient in this case.

There might be some cases of complex cross-exclusions, depending on which sceneries you have so, if you find them, it might be required to have the FSDT Exclude on the highest layer but, right now, we haven't found them.
Great. Got it.
Another thing the add-on points to a scenery and texture folder. The GSX installer installed just a scenery folder no texture folder.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 02:55:21 pm »
Rather than start a new topic I thought I'd reply to this one. I'm running P3D v3.4 and when I rebuild scenery after a edit (not related to GSX) I'm seeing a message in EFB saying a path is invalid.

The scenery folder for the GSX Exclude path is included in the path. This isn't normally required since the scenery folder is assumed. Is it safe to edit the entry in scenery.cfg and remove 'scenery'?
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

p3dx3

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 03:29:49 am »
Rather than start a new topic I thought I'd reply to this one. I'm running P3D v3.4 and when I rebuild scenery after a edit (not related to GSX) I'm seeing a message in EFB saying a path is invalid.

The scenery folder for the GSX Exclude path is included in the path. This isn't normally required since the scenery folder is assumed. Is it safe to edit the entry in scenery.cfg and remove 'scenery'?

Is the path for the texture folder missing?

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 09:59:02 am »
Is the path for the texture folder missing?

No, that's present.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.