Author Topic: GSX V2 CHANGING JETWAYS  (Read 4794 times)

egasull

GSX V2 CHANGING JETWAYS
« on: September 07, 2018, 04:18:07 pm »
HI, can i for example edit jetways of sceneries like RFscenerybuilding asturias and coverted to animated?

cheers and thanks for this product

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX V2 CHANGING JETWAYS
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 04:46:26 pm »
You can replace jetways in 3rd party airports, provided they are modeled as a separate object. Have a look at Page 44 of the GSX manual.

Swisspilot

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 05:03:29 pm »
This is what I asked for a few days ago ;) a sticky where users can write in which sceneries (cases) the jetways are modeled as a separate BGL.
Kind Regards
Patrick

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17940.90.html
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 05:06:01 pm by Swisspilot »

alpha117

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 06:26:59 pm »
You can replace jetways in 3rd party airports, provided they are modeled as a separate object. Have a look at Page 44 of the GSX manual.

Was this ever mentioned in any promotional stuff, not sure.  I understood it was ALL jetways, not just ones that are in their own BGL/seperate object.

I agree, there needs to be a 'list' of what airports you can/cannot change jetways.  Whatever list is the shortist ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 06:42:51 pm »
Was this ever mentioned in any promotional stuff, not sure.  I understood it was ALL jetways, not just ones that are in their own BGL/seperate object.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Yes, you can replace ALL ANIMATED jetways that use the default CTRL+J method. They are always separated, it's not possible to make them in any other way.

Jetways that MIGHT not be made as a separate object are surely static ones, which you might want to convert to SODE. These (and only these) must be modeled separately in order to be replaced. This depends by the developer, for example:

- FlyTampa EHAM has animated jetways made with CTRL+J, which can be replaced by GSX, and static jetways, usually the secondary ones on double-jetway parkings, which can be replaced too and made as a proper SODE double-jetway.

- Aerosoft EDDF has animated jetways made with CTRL+J, which can be replaced by GSX and static secondary jetways embedded in the terminal building, so the 2nd jetway cannot be replaced and will remain static.

alpha117

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 07:15:50 pm »
Thanks,
So just to confirm

You cannot change Jetways that :

1. SODE
2. Static

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 07:19:59 pm »
More precisely, you cannot replace jetways that are either:

1. SODE
2. Static NOT modeled as separate objects.

njflyer08

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 08:28:14 pm »
Are there any plans to support 3rd party airports using SODE? Most of the new releases these days are using SODE (most of my 3rd party use SODE) so I take I cant use the product, I hope this can be resolved as the product looks really nice!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 08:31:14 pm »
Are there any plans to support 3rd party airports using SODE?

What would be the point of replacing SODE jetways, which we can assume the original scenery designer modeled properly at customized to that airport, with *other* SODE jetways ?

Most of the new releases these days are using SODE (most of my 3rd party use SODE) so I take I cant use the product, I hope this can be resolved as the product looks really nice!

Why you think you "can't use" the product ? SODE-enabled airports will integrate just fine with GSX Level 2, and passengers will use them as well. You only lose the ability to REPLACE them, but why you want to do that ?

njflyer08

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 08:46:15 pm »
ah ok, I misunderstood, glad to hear GSX L2 will work, purchasing now. Thank you for getting back to me!

deltamike172

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2018, 11:08:36 pm »
I am trying GSX2 in trial mode and I have yet to be able to generate a Jetways Tab in the parking editor. 

Specifically, is this designed to create a new jetway at an airport terminal that doesn't have any jetways modeled at all?  Can I place jetways on buildings at will at any parking space? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2018, 11:16:41 pm »
Specifically, is this designed to create a new jetway at an airport terminal that doesn't have any jetways modeled at all?  Can I place jetways on buildings at will at any parking space? 

Sure you can:

FireCapt

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2018, 12:37:55 am »
Umberto,
is there a way to make the Default jetway the windowed one where you can see you passenger load /offload for the sim. or is there a Tut on how to do it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2018, 12:40:13 am »
is there a way to make the Default jetway the windowed one where you can see you passenger load /offload for the sim. or is there a Tut on how to do it?

No, you can't do that. But it's easy enough to select all parkings with a jetway at once, and set a crystal model for all of them with single click.