Author Topic: Multiple GSX Level 2 problems  (Read 5324 times)

iMove Quick

Multiple GSX Level 2 problems
« on: September 07, 2018, 11:06:06 pm »
Hi there,

Since the new update for gsx level I coudn't get it work properly...When I fixed the other one, another problem came to light...

Here's my list so far.. :

- Couatl / GSX crashes when changing aircraft.
- Couatl crashes when resetting position.
- When resetting the jetway model it doesn't change back, it keeps the same model you've changed it into.

And I got a really quick question regarding the SODE jetways. Is it possible to control the jetways like the you could control the default jetways. like CRTL-J. Because I would like to have it attached to the plane when catering.

Thank you for reading and I hope these issue's I've been reading about get fixed soon!

Regards,

~iMoveQuick
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 11:07:39 pm by iMove Quick »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Multiple GSX Level 2 problems
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 11:09:15 pm »
- Couatl / GSX crashes when changing aircraft.
- Couatl crashes when resetting position.

Both should fixed with the latest Live Update.

When resetting the jetway model it doesn't change back, it keeps the same model you've changed it into.

Please clarify.

And I got a really quick question regarding the SODE jetways. Is it possible to control the jetways like the you could control the default jetways. like CRTL-J. Because I would like to have it attached to the plane when catering.

The "Operate Jetways" in the GSX menu does just that. Operates the jetways without boarding/deboarding.

iMove Quick

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 10:12:25 am »
First of all I'm sorry to say that when I updated GSX after a clean restart of my PC it still doesn't work. Still the same problems.

as for the second problem, I'm still trying to recreate te problem and look if it's still there..But coudn't test, because GSX wasn't even working. :(

PS : The jetways worked for just a second. Just before the crashed silently.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 10:18:25 am »
I can only confirm that Reset parking position problem has been fixed, which was the same as the change aircraft (Couatl restarts automatically in both cases)

iMove Quick

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 10:36:24 am »
Sorry, yes the reset problem that I had is fixed.

But there still is still the problem with changing my aircraft.

My recreation of the of the problem : Starting p3d v4.3 in the default raptor, then switching to my desired departure airport. And at this moment GSX is still there. But when I change to my desired aircraft it and check the addon's menu's it's gone.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 10:45:24 am »
I'm sorry, but I cannot replicate it. As I've said, switching the aircraft of resetting the parking position does *exactly* the same thing: a Couatl restart, the same you would have selected from the Couatl menu.

Have you noticed the problem when switching to a specific aircraft ? Are you able to switch between different default airplanes ?

iMove Quick

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 11:11:50 am »
I will try that! Hope it isn't a PMDG problem.

EDIT 1 : Loading into the PMDG aircraft directly works.

EDIT 2 : After changing to a default aircraft it also "Crashes", only the addon manger is left.

I will try to delete GSX completely -> Restart PC -> Install GSX through this setup (https://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx_level2.html) -> Restart PC -> Update it -> Restart and then the test.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 11:18:30 am by iMove Quick »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 11:36:56 am »
Please reply to my question:  are you able to switch between different default airplanes ? Meaning, without even loading the PMDG ?

iMove Quick

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 11:54:33 am »
Well.. It seems only crashing when changing to any PMDG aircraft. Changing to other Payware and default aircraft just work fine...

EDIT 1 : Loading into default aircraft and then chaning to PMDG at the DEFAULT airport seems to work. Trying now to do it the other way around
EDIT 2 : It seems to be working without addon addons running like : active sky, rex sky force.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 12:01:05 pm by iMove Quick »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 12:02:36 pm »
EDIT 2 : It seems to be working without addon addons running like : active sky, rex sky force.

Thank you, this is useful to know. We'll check this.

iMove Quick

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 12:04:32 pm »
I was testing it with all my addons running and now it seems to be crashing again, so I don't think PMDG is the problem.

But could a software be colliding with GSX that makes it crash?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2018, 12:06:12 pm »
But could a software be colliding with GSX that makes it crash?

It's possible.

iMove Quick

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2018, 12:21:44 pm »
any idea on which one that could be? I'm running UTL, Active Sky v4, REx Sky force 3D, Chaseplane and pro-atc.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2018, 12:31:40 am »
any idea on which one that could be? I'm running UTL, Active Sky v4, REx Sky force 3D, Chaseplane and pro-atc.

If I had, I would have told you already. The obvious troubleshooting procedure should be disable all the addons, then re-enable them, one by one, until you find the conflicting one. You already said the problem didn't happen with no addons, so you already know it must be one of them.

IN P3D4, disabling addons (at least the *proper* ones that use the add-on.xml method), is very easy: just uncheck them in the Options->Add-ons menu, and restart the sim.