Author Topic: GSX Level 2 - First try, two problems  (Read 1935 times)

CajunRon

GSX Level 2 - First try, two problems
« on: September 09, 2018, 12:38:14 am »
My first attempt to use GSX Level 2 was at FlightBeam's KSFO.  I had no problem getting the passengers to activate and walk down the jetway.   The first problem was that there legs from the calf on down protruded below the jetway floor and were visible from the outside...Very comical looking.   So I thought that maybe I had to choose one of the other custom jetways.   This is where I ran into the second problem.   The jetway type on the first edit page is greyed out.   The Jetway tabs do take me to the jetway edit page but here too everything is greyed out and checkboxes can't be selected.

I am using the trial version but it is my understanding that at FlightBeams' KSFO it is suppose to be fully functional.   I guess I'll wait until bugs are fixed before purchasing.

Thanks for letting me try.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Level 2 - First try, two problems
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 12:55:04 am »
The first problem was that there legs from the calf on down protruded below the jetway floor and were visible from the outside...Very comical looking. 

That's because these are not GSX level 2 jetways, but SODE jetway. In "proper" GSX level 2 jetways, we have a *separate* setting for the jetway floor, which is the floor the passengers will walk on, which is separate from the floor in SODE, which is instead the lower bottom part of the jetway.

Of course, for these "foreign" jetways, there IS a correction factor already applied to this, but it cannot be always automatically calculated, because each jetway is different so, what might result in feet  showing up on one model, might result in people floating on another one, which is why we have this separate setting in the jetways we supplied with GSX.

This is where I ran into the second problem.   The jetway type on the first edit page is greyed out. 

That's not a problem either. As clearly explained in the GSX manual, a scenery that already uses SODE jetways CANNOT BE CUSTOMIZED.

Your confusion probably derives from the fact Flightbeam's KSFO is a Trial airport but, in fact, it's not that *Flightbeam* KSFO is a Trial airport as such, the more precise description of the Trial is that you can use GSX for free AT KSFO (when-you-are-there), regardless which scenery you have installed so, when we say in the manual you can use Flightbeam KSFO, it only means that having Flightbeam KSFO installed won't prevent for using the Trial.

So, the product is surely functional there but, since it happens that Flightbeam KSFO does use SODE jetway, it's not customizable. This doesn't have anything to with the Trial, it wouldn't be possible to customize it even when purchased *because* it's using SODE jetways.

So, if you want to try the jetway customization feature, I suggest using another Trial airport, like LIML or EDDM.