Author Topic: This update requires the latest GSX full installer  (Read 13634 times)

Cloudrider

Re: This update requires the latest GSX full installer
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2018, 11:45:51 pm »
My worry is that for anyone running the FSDT Live Updater seems on the face of to render a valid copy of their version inoperable. Am I correct? The only way I have got out of this is to download v2.5.0.5

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2018, 11:50:33 pm »
My worry is that for anyone running the FSDT Live Updater seems on the face of to render a valid copy of their version inoperable. Am I correct? The only way I have got out of this is to download v2.5.0.5

Not possible because, as you might have noticed, the Live Update now say you MUST download the new GSX installer, otherwise it won't proceed so, it won't just do anything if you follows what it says.

Your mistake was that, instead of following what the message says, which was to download the Full GSX installer, you installed the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, which wasn't what the Live Update suggested to do.

So, by downloading only the new Addon Manager, you had the latest code without the latest objects, so it clearly won't work so yes, in your case, you had to download the Full GSX installer to fix it.

ols500

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2018, 12:21:08 am »
where is full installer? I downloaded gsx_fsx_setup.exe same message!?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2018, 12:27:47 am »
where is full installer? I downloaded gsx_fsx_setup.exe same message!?

That's the full installer and, if you still go the SAME message, it means you either downloaded the old version (so you downloaded before we posted it), or you download the new version, and installed the old one...

It's easy to spot the new installer: it's 1GB of size, compared to 300MB.

MEFSKOCH1713K

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2018, 10:43:37 pm »
Good evening Umberto,

I have a problem. I bought GSX L2, but I can't find the link to download it.
Where can I download it ?

I find on fsdreamteam website the link, but I'm not sure it's the right link.

When I download (1GB) the file, I'm using P3D V3, after install it, nothing change in the menu GSX. I haven't GSX L2.

Could you help me.

Thank's in advance for your help.

Kind regards.

Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2018, 03:29:07 am »
nothing change in the menu GSX. I haven't GSX L2

Nothing is supposed to change in the menu, not even if you buy Level 2. Menus are exactly the same. The main difference to GSX, if you don't have Level 2, are the new human voices for Pushback and Deice.

MEFSKOCH1713K

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2018, 03:37:36 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thank's for your answer.

I misspoke. I bought GSXL2. And so I have GSXL2. I do not see the GSXL2 menu you're talking about in another thread. Can you tell me what I did wrong and if there is a special link dedicated to GSXL2. I really want to use it.

In advance thank you for your response and your help.

With my best wishes.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2018, 02:48:50 pm »
I do not see the GSXL2 menu you're talking about in another thread.

Which menu ? As I've said, GSX L2 doesn't have any new menu.

rrtraxx13

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2018, 07:11:05 pm »
There is NO "GSX Full Installer" on the Product and downloads page. NONE! Here is a little information on your own page

->Products and Downloads
--->GSX Level 2 Expansion
----->This is where you find the "GSX Full Installer"

Stop belittling the customers when you can't even get your own information correct...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2018, 07:17:35 pm »
There is NO "GSX Full Installer" on the Product and downloads page. NONE! Here is a little information on your own page

Sure there is.

]->Products and Downloads

There's a "Download for FSX/P3D" button here. This is the first link to the GSX Full installer.

--->GSX Level 2 Expansion
----->This is where you find the "GSX Full Installer"

There's another "Download for FSX/P3D" button here. Which contains the SAME link to the same GSX Full installer.

Stop belittling the customers when you can't even get your own information correct...

I really don't understand you. Both links are clearly working and they are pointing to the same file, which is the only installer we have.

It's a small executable, which will Download automatically the rest of the installer as soon as it starts. It's just a more efficient way of keeping the installer updated, used by many other products, like Acrobat, Chrome, etc. but it's a Full installer nonetheless.

rrtraxx13

Re: Re: This update requires the latest GSX full installer
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2018, 07:53:34 pm »
The point is, it is NOT where you say it is. It is under GSX Level 2 Expansion. So start correcting yourself

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 08:31:54 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Re: This update requires the latest GSX full installer
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2018, 08:34:54 pm »
The point is, it is NOT where you say it is. It is under GSX Level 2 Expansion.

It's not JUST there, it ALSO where I said it was, on the "Products and Downloads" page!

There are two identical links to the same file and, as I've said, the "Products and Downloads" link would get you the Full GSX installer, same as the GSX Level 2 Info page.

Well, in fact, there's a 3rd place were you can find the link, on the GSX page and that, of course, it's again the same link, repeated for the 3rd time, which would download again the same installer, the one and only installer, so nobody would possibly go wrong and not be able to find it.

rrtraxx13

Re: Re: Re: This update requires the latest GSX full installer
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2018, 09:46:12 pm »
If I click on "Products and Downloads", that first page, where is it??? It is NOT there!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 12:22:24 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Re: Re: This update requires the latest GSX full installer
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2018, 12:24:05 am »
If I click on "Products and Downloads", that first page, where is it??? It is NOT there!

Of course it's there, it's the big button labeled "Download for FSX/P3D". That's the same button you'll have on the GSX or GSX Level 2 pages, and will download exactly the same file, which is named gsx_fsx_setup.exe.

That's the GSX Full installer, which will proceed downloading the rest of itself. And it's exactly the same in all links.