Author Topic: CTD while editing jetway  (Read 1740 times)

tricosteril

CTD while editing jetway
« on: September 07, 2018, 08:19:31 pm »
Hi !

First of all, thank you so much for that great GSX level 2 ! Absolutely stunning !

However, I got an issue while editing jetways.

Indeed, I tried to add jetways to the LIPZ (Venice) RFSB Scenery.
I first unabled the jetways BGL in the scenery folder.

Then in P3D, i chose « customize this parking position » and added a SODE jetway.
After that, I launched the « customize vehicule position » to move vehicules and the jetway.
I was able to change the type of jetway, the logo, the accessories using the keyboard shortcuts.
When completed, i pressed « Y » to exit the slew mode and then back to the customize window for the gate.
Then I tried to change the name and some settings of the jetway by clicking on the tab for « jetway 1 ». The tab appears but P3D freezes, I wasn’t able to click on any setting and then two seconds after that, P3D crashed to desktop.

It happened again at the same gate and at 2 other gates of the same scenery even after a restart of P3D and a restart of the computer.

If you have any idea on how to fix it ?

Thanks a lot !

Cheers !

Sebastien
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 08:23:27 pm by tricosteril »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CTD while editing jetway
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 08:22:27 pm »
I'm sorry, but we cannot reproduce this. Which video card you have ? ATI/AMD perhaps ? If yes, be sure you use the latest driver and set all the video settings to default, because there were a couple of reports that these cards sometimes cause our software to crash, but it's always fixed by reinstalling the latest drivers and place all settings as default.

Yes, do it even if you have an nVidia. Even if almost all similar reports came from ATI users, there was a least one case with an nVidia card.

tricosteril

Re: CTD while editing jetway
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 08:25:40 pm »
Thanks for the quick answer ! I have Nvidia graphic card but I’ll try to update the drivers ! ;-)