Author Topic: Resettting position causes COUTL to crash **SOLVED**  (Read 6307 times)

drayton_k

Resettting position causes COUTL to crash **SOLVED**
« on: September 07, 2018, 07:05:51 pm »
When I reset a position using the new version, COUTL will not restart as it used to and I have to restart the sim. Can this be fixed please?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 09:34:31 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Resettting position causes COUTL to crash
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 07:07:34 pm »
We are looking into this.

drayton_k

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 07:15:19 pm »
Thanks Umberto

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 07:40:49 pm »
Run the Live Update now, we got a new Couatl build that should hopefully fix the problem.

drayton_k

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 08:14:45 pm »
Umberto,

Tried the Live Update and it doesnt seem to finish properly. The update runs a while then just dissapear

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 08:16:52 pm »
Are you running it with the sim closed, right ? Can't update executables while the sim is running.

drayton_k

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 08:20:31 pm »
The sim is not running. This is what I see now and I have disabled the AV as it says

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 08:26:08 pm »
The sim is not running. This is what I see now and I have disabled the AV as it says

The error message is quite clear, and it clearly indicates the cause, which is Couatl not started because your antivirus has killed it, which also explains why the Live Update didn't seem to download anything.

So, as the message says, do not just "disable the antivirus". Some antivirus are so defective that are still working in the background, even if you think they are disabled. That's why the message says to CONFIGURE the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning, and not just disable it.

After you configured the antivirus correctly, run the Live Update again, as the message says.

And, be sure you don't have other software blocking the download, such a firewall, for example.

drayton_k

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 08:29:12 pm »
I have done exactly as the message states and excluded the directory with the AV. The Updater does run for a while but when getting to LSGG files it just dissapears.
Ill try reinstalling this is getting frustrating.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 08:34:32 pm »
I have done exactly as the message states and excluded the directory with the AV. The Updater does run for a while but when getting to LSGG files it just dissapears.  Ill try reinstalling this is getting frustrating.

Reinstalling won't change anything. Try to create an updater log this way:

- Open a command prompt ( Start->CMD->Enter ) and go to the Addon Manager, and type the following:

couatl_updater2.exe /LOG=logfile.txt

Let it run, and when it ends, there should be a logfile.txt in that folder. ZIP it and send it to me BY EMAIL. The address is on the Contact Us page of this site.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2018, 08:46:27 pm »
You probably started the Live Update without allowing enough time for the simulator to full close. This likely prevented the update and resulted in the previous session still opened and stuck.

A Windows restart followed by another Live Update (just to be sure you get the last version) should fix this.

If it doesn't, then IT IS the antivirus, as the message says.

drayton_k

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2018, 08:48:58 pm »
Email sent, although it appears many others are having the same problem!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2018, 08:51:13 pm »
Email sent, although it appears many others are having the same problem!

Nobody has your problem. They say Couatl didn't start after the update, which is caused either by the antivirus, or by having started the update too quickly after closing the sim.

You, according to your last report, said the Updater quitted while it was updating LSGG files, and nobody has reported this.

airlinetycoon

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2018, 08:58:48 pm »
Same here - exclusion of the addon-Manager folder is done (since a long time), restart of Sim and computer does not fix the problem. A total deactivation of AV has no effect!

drayton_k

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2018, 09:02:55 pm »
Coutl does not restart for me either, and I have disabled my AV completely both when installing and updating. Still the same message appears. There is another thread opened up with the same error I have so its not just me http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18392.0.html