Author Topic: GSX non-Unicode problem in Version 2.5  (Read 1439 times)

CSN8085

GSX non-Unicode problem in Version 2.5
« on: September 07, 2018, 06:52:05 pm »
Hi There!

I had experienced the non-Unicode problem since I was using GSX 1.9 (airport customize setting is all blank), and I understood that I can change the setting on Windows to make it work.
But I noticed that the bugfixes in GSX 2.5 mentioned that "Fixed blank GSX Settings page when using non-standard international settings."
I wonder if this means that the Unicode problem is solved (that the airport customize setting will be shown correctly) ?
I purchased the Level 2 key from simmarket and activated it, and tried for the airport customize setting when non-Unicode language isn't English, it still resulted in blank display.
I just wonder if the problem is solved in Level 2. If it is solved that I was confused why I couldn't make it work. :( If it is still not fixed then it's OK, but it will bring me a lot of inconvenience.:)

Anyway, thank you for bringing us GSX Level 2, and I'm looking forward to see more update from fsdt :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX non-Unicode problem in Version 2.5
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 07:24:59 pm »
I'm sorry, but since we cannot test on non-western versions of Windows, is quite difficult to say without someone using such OS telling us. We tried using an utility from Microsoft to "simulate" the behavior of an Asian Windows version on an European version, and it worked for us but, apparently,  it's not the same as running on a real Asian OS.

That option in Windows is made PRECISELY to allow products like this to work. We might eventually switch to Unicode at some time, but it's not there yet.