Author Topic: Waiting for your action: open Exit 2 with GSX Level 2  (Read 5110 times)

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
Waiting for your action: open Exit 2 with GSX Level 2
« on: September 07, 2018, 04:18:34 pm »
I am having problems starting PMDG 777-300ER deboarding with GSXL2.

I start the deboard, but get the above action whether or not the left side doors are individually open, all open or all closed.

What am I doing wrong ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Waiting for your action: open Exit 2 with GSX Level 2
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 04:49:41 pm »
Fact you see the exit named as "Exit 2", seems to indicate you made/download a custom configuration for that plane, which is wrong. The configuration that comes with GSX for the PMDG 777 calls the exit exactly like the PMDG FMC so, they should appear as "L Entry xx" or "R Entry xx".

Use the airplane configuration dialog, press the Reset button, so GSX will use its own default configuration.

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 05:23:47 pm »
Umberto,
I am getting the same message after choosing Customize Aircraft. The panel shows the aircraft as 'old.PMDG 777-300ER/300' with a red warning 'WARNING: Airplane not yet configured. Aircraft data used by GSX: Aircraft.cfg'.
When I press the Reset button, as you suggested, I then press 'Discard all customizations'. When I again run Customize Aircraft the settings have not been changed and I do not get to choose the Save option.
I still don't understand!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 05:30:54 pm »
'WARNING: Airplane not yet configured. Aircraft data used by GSX: Aircraft.cfg'.

Ok, now the problem is clear. Is this a new variant PMDG put out ? Or, you possibly (or them) changed the airplane folder name ? GSX recognizes the airplane by its folder name so, the 777 is assumed to be located here:

Simobjects\Airplanes\PMDG 777-300ER

While your folder seems to be called "old.PMDG 777-300ER/300". Maybe it's a backup you made ?

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 05:52:16 pm »
My confusion deepens...
There are no files on my PC when I search for 'old.PMDG'.
My SimObjects/Airplanes/ contains only 3 PMDG 777 directories. These are PMDG 777-200LR, PMDG 777-300ER and PMDG 777F. Nor are there any other directories with 'Airplanes' in their names.
So where is GSXL2 getting the 'old' version from?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 05:55:53 pm by Richard McDonald Woods »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 05:59:31 pm »
So where is GSXL2 getting the 'old' version from?

From the simulator itself, which tells GSX (the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX Level 2) the name of the folder the airplane was located. It's a standard Simconnect feature, we only get the folder name from the sim.

Do you maybe have a copy of your aircfraft.cgf named "old" ? Surely GSX hasn't made up the name "old", something with that name must exists.

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 07:42:31 pm »
I have now found a file 777X_debug_log.txt in my D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv4\PMDG\777X folder with an .air file path parameter naming the file SimObjects\Airplanes\old.PMDG 777.300ER\B777-300ER.air. :)

I edited out the 'old.' from the parameter and restarted PMDG. The aircraft loaded correctly but the Add-ons dropdown now only contains items SODE 1.6.3, Addon Manager and RAAS Professional, that is, no GSX. There is also a file named 777X_debug_log.txt.bak with the same .air parameter with the 'old.' in the name. Both files are created with a date and time of my running the simulator.

If you cannot claim GSXL2 as the cause, I shall have to raise a PMDG problem report to find if the PMDG sim is the cause and to find a remedy. :(

Many thanks for your help so far.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 09:15:07 pm »
Run the FSDT Live Update again, I think the issue was caused by a file still not updated on all servers.