Author Topic: Live Update Error  (Read 3254 times)

Daniel.Burke01

Live Update Error
« on: September 07, 2018, 02:27:00 pm »
Hello,

I'm trying to update using the Live Update.  I keep getting an error message in the first 30 seconds telling me that a firewall or anit-virus program is preventing certain files from being updated.  Please turn off these applications and try again.  Then the installation continues after clearing the message.  I disabled windows defender (my only program) and my firewall is off.  I then opened FSX and I get the same message in-game telling me that coualt could not be opened due to the same anti-virus/firewall issue.  Any suggestions as to what I can do to circumvent this issue?  I am not aware of any other programs on my computer that would prevent this and I've never had this issue with FSDT products until today.  No changes have been made to my computer.

Kind Regards,
-Dan-

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Live Update Error
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 02:28:41 pm »
We are updating the Live Update server right now for the new GSX release. Don't use Live Update for the time being, until we release it.

Daniel.Burke01

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 02:30:50 pm »
oh,  I already received the in-game message that the update was available.  So I used it...Now I do not have access to GSX at all in-game.  Is there a way to roll back to my previous version for the time being?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 02:32:24 pm »
The only way to roll back would be to run the GSX installer you already have, with the network disconnected. Waste of time, because we are releasing in a few moments.

Daniel.Burke01

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 02:39:24 pm »
Thank you for your swift response.  I will wait.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 02:51:03 pm »
It's out now. Just download the full GSX installer. You might have to Refresh the web page to see the updated site.