Author Topic: GSX pushback causes a position freeze **SOLVED, not a bug**  (Read 3059 times)

AlphaTech

GSX pushback causes a position freeze **SOLVED, not a bug**
« on: September 05, 2018, 05:57:38 pm »
Hello FSDT

I have a full A320 cockpit with ProSim A320. I have never used GSX with it because of the obtrusive menu selections on the main screen, but now that there's a wideclient LUA script to get them off the main screen and onto a client PC I am now starting to use GSX.

One problem.

When pushback commences ProSim goes into a freeze state. The sim continues to push back without any issues and the freeze state can simply be removed by pressing UNFREEZE in ProSim Instructor Operating Station.

This is not a p3d freeze state. P3D does not position freeze in this instance.

Is there anyone that has ANY idea what could be causing this? Here's what I've tried.

1. Running without the Wideclient LUA script. Problem still remains.
2. Running without ANY simconnect addons. Problem still remains.
3. Running with Active Sky. Problem still remains.
4. Completely removing EZDOK. (Heard this could be an issue). Problem still remains.

Attached is a SimConnect Log file as a .zip file, as the original file is 30mb!

ProSim is adamant that this is not an issue caused by them.

Anyone?

Very best,
Paul
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 06:17:40 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX pushback causes a position freeze
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 06:17:10 pm »
Yes, GSX Freezes the airplane during pushback. This is normal, it's not a bug, and won't be changed, because otherwise pushback will never work correctly if GSX had to fight against the airplane ground physic.

And yes, IT IS a standard simulator freeze command, sent in the standard Simconnect way, but the position of the plane will change, because it's changed by GSX. That's how the pushback works.

However, if the this normal freeze causes problems to other addons, GSX has an L: variable, documented in the manual ( FSDT_VAR_Frozen ) that developers can check,  and it set to 1 when GSX is pushing, and 0 when it's not, so they can read it to do whatever they need to do to prevent the GSX freeze to cause issues to their product.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 06:19:42 pm by virtuali »

AlphaTech

Re: GSX pushback causes a position freeze **SOLVED, not a bug**
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 06:36:20 pm »
Umberto

Thanks - is this a new thing? Because other users of ProSim A320 don't report this issue with version 2.3.0.0.

I am using 2.4.0.0

Paul

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX pushback causes a position freeze **SOLVED, not a bug**
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 09:45:27 pm »
GSX always froze the airplane during pushback since its initial release, in 2012. Nothing changed in that function since then.