Author Topic: Changing airline code at for a specific gate not working for me  (Read 2083 times)

Ralgh

At LAX gates 50 A and B and 53 A and B are dedicated American Airlines gates now. In the GSX Customize Airport Positions I changed the code from DAL to AAL but Delta planes still park at these gates. Am I missing a step or misunderstanding what changing that code actually does because I am not getting the desired result.
Tom Landry

airbumps

Re: Changing airline code at for a specific gate not working for me
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 11:30:14 am »
Mate I think you want to be editing the AFCAD as opposed to the data in GSX. Use ADE to edit the afcad and change the airline codes to those you want to park there.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 11:31:49 am »
In the GSX Customize Airport Positions I changed the code from DAL to AAL but Delta planes still park at these gates.

You misunderstood what the airline code does. It's not affecting the original scenery AFCAD, hence affecting the AI airplanes. It's something that only GSX reads, and it's used to override the airline code used by GSX vehicles, to drive the choice of the GSX ground operator regardless of what's inside the scenery AFCAD.

It won't affect AIs in any way (the sim AI engine doesn't know anything about the GSX customization). If you want to change the AI parking assignments, you must change the actual scenery AFCAD, using ADE.

Ralgh

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 09:02:20 pm »
Got it. Thanks. I know I have ADE on my computer somewhere.
Tom Landry