Author Topic: Progressive Refuelling on PMDG 777  (Read 2775 times)

Anson Cheung

Progressive Refuelling on PMDG 777
« on: August 28, 2018, 11:49:10 am »
Dear all,

Having read the GSX manual, I realised that the progressive refuelling function is also available on PMDG 777.

According to to manual, the second step is Select the “GROUND OPERATIONS” from the “FS ACTIONS” menu on the FMC, and choose one of the “TURN TIPE” options, SHORT/LONG/MANUAL. I did a bit research into different available options here, and found out that the turn type selected will effect the turn time - 55 mins for SHORT, 90 mins for LONG, also CUSTOM and MANUAL. I am a bit confused about how this affects the GSX operations. Let's say I set it SHORT, does it mean that the GSX needs 55 minutes in total for all ground operations, including boarding and refuelling, up to pushing back?

Thanks,
Anson

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Progressive Refuelling on PMDG 777
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 05:01:15 pm »
I am a bit confused about how this affects the GSX operations. Let's say I set it SHORT, does it mean that the GSX needs 55 minutes in total for all ground operations, including boarding and refuelling, up to pushing back?

GSX is only affected by the refueling part of the PMDG turnaround time.

I think that on "SHORT", the progressive refueling will start in 5 minutes so, you should call the GSX refuel so that it could reach the airplane in less than 5 minutes, otherwise it will "miss" the airplane starting its own progressive fuel simulation.

The rest of the GSX operation are entirely unrelated with the PMDG turnaround time.