Author Topic: GSX no longer recognises that I'm at a gate!  (Read 6808 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX no longer recognises that I'm at a gate!
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2018, 10:06:25 pm »
Really? LOL You're hilarious Umberto!!!

I only presented with the facts.

ORBX is a high-end scenery developer. One of the best. Are you really that arrogant that you're going to blame ORBX as being the culprit for the problems that your software creates? You really are a piece of work!

The file comes is made by OrbX and comes with an Orbx scenery. Removing that file from the OrbX folder will fix the problem. How you can possibly say it's a problem "created" by GSX ?

Assume you found a file in an FSDT folder that created a problem TO an OrbX scenery (is there such thing ? I would like to know), and you found that removing that FSDT file from the FSDT folder fixes the problem. Who's to blame ? OrbX ? Obviously not so, why the reverse is valid, according to your own twisted logic ?

I have purchased many airport sceneries from Aerosoft, Fly Tampa, ImagineSim, LatinVFR, Taxi2Gate, TropicalSim and of course ORBX and not one of their airports has any issues with ORBX.

Let's see:

Crash at FlyTampa CYYZ, wrongly attributed to FlyTampa, the user eventually found it was caused by ORBX OpenLC NA
http://flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10318&hilit=orbx&start=28

Elevation problem at FlyTampa EHAM, solution unknown, but I'm sure FlyTampa didn't do EHAM like that:
http://flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=12211&hilit=orbx

Elevation problem at FlyTampa St.Marteen, user decided to uninstall Vector, to keep using FlyTampa:
http://flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12167&hilit=orbx

FlyTampa EHAM not displaying correctly after installing OrbX True Earth NL:
http://flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=12116&hilit=orbx
http://flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=12050&hilit=orbx

For the 2nd issue, OrbX made a fix.

Another problem at St. Marteen, which has been fixed by removing an OrbX file:
http://flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10637&hilit=orbx

Should I continue ? There a 50 pages of search result in FlyTampa's forum about OrbX. It's so common that, some users even start their post by saying "I'm not using any OrbX products", obviously because they might have *searched* the forum and found how common these issues are.

Furthermore, I find it strange that we, the end user, have to manually disable some files in order for your software not to conflict with them.

You got it backwards. You don't have to remove ANYTHING from "our software", which obviously works perfectly as it is. What you MUST remove, instead, are conflicting files from OTHER products, regardless who made them.

It's common knowledge that, when you buy an add-on airport, you should remove any duplicates files for the SAME airport you have, and this is valid in any case, regardless if the conflicting file came with OrbX, with an AI Traffic product, with another freeware scenery of the same airport: in ALL cases you want to find duplicates and remove them and, of course, if you bought an add-on airport, the file you want to keep is the one that comes with that airport.

ORBX PNW was the first thing I installed. Way before FSDT CYVR or GSX. I would have agreed with you if your software was installed first and then ORBX created the conflict when it was installed. But you expect us to believe ORBX is the culprit when it was installed first before your software? Now, that's hilarious to say the least.

It might sound "hilarious" to you, only because you have no idea how the simulator works, how exclusion files works, why they are made in a certain way, and why respecting the layer priority doesn't ALWAYS guarantee two sceneries from the same airport will never go into conflict.

Yes, in a perfect world, the scenery installed last should always get an higher priority, and thus exclude everything below.

But there are bugs in the .BGL exclude system, which forces developers to not use large exclude areas, because they cause issues with autogen, jetways and special effects, so add-on airports usually have many small exclude files, which precisely exclude all objects for the default scenery, so autogen, jetways and effects will always work, but at the cost that a file for the same airport CAN cause conflicts, even if it stays on a lower layer in the Scenery Library.

Why you think ADE does excludes that way ? Why you think there are TOOLS made precisely to find AFCAD duplicates ? If your theory of "the scenery installed last should fix everything belows" was valid, there wouldn't be any need of such tools to begin with.

If your software was truly as superior as you claim, and especially since you've been aware of the problem for quite sometime now, it would have identified the conflict on its own and renamed the conflicting files, the same way Chase Plane or EzDok automatically rename two files in TrackIR. Other well-written software do the same also. But not yours. Every time I have experienced a problem with any of your products, you always blamed others without exception.

I hope this wrong sentence of yours has been based on your wrong assumption that the conflicting files came from OUR files. I really hope you don't seriously think we should remove conflicting files in OTHER products! That would be WRONG, totally wrong. We would NEVER, EVER touch anything that came with another developer product.

There was one thing we did: in case of KLAS, which was also a victim of some OrbX files that caused elevation issues to it, since OrbX HAS made a fix for the problem THEY caused TO KLAS, our Live Update *recognize* the OrbX fix and will not consider it extraneous which is, basically, the same as what I said before: NEVER touch any files not belonging to you, which includes the OrbX fix, which IS a file made by OrbX.

I sincerely hope someone develops a GSX and CYVR alternatives very soon. But for now, I guess I'm stuck with yours.

I'll excuse this comment of yours, which was clearly based on wrong assumptions. But I'm sure you understood my explanation, and I hope you changed your mind about this. Several other users, here and on other forums, have stressed the importance of knowing what you are installing, and maintaining your simulator free of conflicting files.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 10:12:06 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX no longer recognises that I'm at a gate!
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2018, 10:18:20 pm »
Also, I renamed the conflicting Orbx file .old and when I restarted P3D and CTRL+SHIFT+F12 I got an error saying it can't find it.

This has been explained elsewhere on the forum.

In order to speed up the cache regeneration time and the simulator startup time, GSX will not check each and every .BGL installed to see if it has been changed (there might be ten of thousands) but, instead, it only checks the FOLDER last modification date, for a speedup of at least 10x (or more, depending how many .BGL a folder contains).

When you RENAME a file, SOMETIMES the folder last modification date doesn't change, so GSX cannot detect a cache rebuild is required. Which is why, there's an option in the Couatl menu to "Restart and rebuild the airport cache", which should be used in these cases, which will refresh the cache and that error will go away.