Author Topic: GSX "crashing" when requesting pushback.  (Read 1997 times)

OtanerBR

GSX "crashing" when requesting pushback.
« on: August 16, 2018, 09:49:13 am »
Hello, guys. Newer user here!

I'm having issues with my pushback in several aiports. Normally occurs when the parking space does not have "Left/Right" option, only straigh pushback.

Every time that i request pushback, a message appears as follows:

"The addon pushBack.py is causing the Couatl scripting engine to restart.
Please download and install the latest Stand-alone Addon Manager from FSDream team bla bla bla (the HTTP adress).

Do you want to open log to see error details?"

I use the YES button and after that, the message is to reload the couatl. I click YES and try to request the pushback again... same error.

How can i resolve the problem? I've download this stand alone a few times this week, every time that crash.

It is more irritating that my "5 minutes rebuilding airport cache" in every single time that i open the FSX.

Here is the LOG FILE. And thanks in advance,

Renato Roberto
SBSP/Brazil!

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\fsm.py", line 73, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\pushBack.py", line 417, in do
  File ".\common\walker.py", line 234, in walkTo
AssertionError
{'Airport': 'OTHH', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate B 1', 'User Pos': (25.262771452456622, 51.61511512307425, 8.17639 m, 4.17839 m, 157.64673234834717)}
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 02:35:49 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX "crashing" when requesting pushback.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 02:40:45 pm »
Normally occurs when the parking space does not have "Left/Right" option, only straigh pushback.

Since the error seems to indicate a defect in the scenery AFCAD, it should be the opposite, since the Straight pushback option doesn't use the scenery AFCAD.

How can i resolve the problem? I've download this stand alone a few times this week, every time that crash.

Please indicate precise, exact, reproduction steps. The airport, the gate used and, possibly, if this happens on a default airport.

It is more irritating that my "5 minutes rebuilding airport cache" in every single time that i open the FSX.

This, alone, would indicate a problem in your FSX installation. GSX is NOT supposed to recreate the airport cache "every single time" !!! The ONLY case when GSX recreates the cache, is when you install a new scenery, or if you make a change to your Scenery Library.

Do you change the Scenery Library before each flight, or have some kind of external utility that does that ?

Another reason of a constant cache rebuild, is a corrupted scenery file.

And, even if there was a reason to recreate the cache at each startup, 5 minutes is NOT normal. The most common cause for this, is not having added the simulator folder to the antivirus exclusion list so, your antivirus is trying to scan *each* and every .BGL in your simulator, just because GSX is reading from them.

It shouldn't take more than 20-30 seconds, even with a large number of sceneries installed. It takes 4-5 seconds on my system, with only FSDT sceneries installed.