Author Topic: Jetways way off target  (Read 2479 times)

Chuck Dreier

Jetways way off target
« on: August 01, 2018, 01:44:40 am »
PMDG 772 as an example.  The jetways work properly, go to the proper position.  However they do not line up with the exit - the jetway is way too low to the actual door.  What have I missed?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways way off target
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 10:07:54 am »
You don't say which scenery you use.

If the scenery use default jetways (CTRL+J), as explained in the manual and so many times on the forum, GSX doesn't have any control over them.

They are moved BY THE SIM, and the ONLY thing that affects their position, is how they are modeled and the [Exits] parameters in the aircraft.cfg file. NOTHING in GSX can change how a default jetway works.

If, instead, the scenery use SODE jetways, their positioning is controlled by the GSX doors configuration, but ONLY when you call them from the GSX menu. If you call them from the SODE menu instead, they are controlled by the airplane doors configuration in the SODE internal airplane database.

Chuck Dreier

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 09:49:20 pm »
Thank you sir for the quick reply.  The scenery was/is KATL by ImagineSim.  Yes, I do understand the use of generic scenery and SODE.  This is a well known addon airport and I am calling up the operation of the Jetway through GSX.  The jetway does move to position L2 as it should; however the jetway is way too low.  When I check the coordinates in the 3D editor they look exactly right.  Please help if you can because it has to be something in my setup.  Thanks again!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 12:51:28 am by CDreier »

Chuck Dreier

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 01:32:00 am »
This is what happens.  PMDG 772, ImagineSim KATL, GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 02:14:22 pm »
When I check the coordinates in the 3D editor they look exactly right.

Then this clearly indicates that, as far as GSX is concerned, the airplane doors coordinates are correct and, when used with a scenery that use SODE jetways AND you call the SODE jetway *from* the GSX menu, you can be certain THESE are the coordinates which are sent to SODE.

Whatever happens next, it's entirely handled by SODE and it can be affected by the way that jetways is modeled.

Easy way to check this: does the jetway works correctly with the same airplane on an FSDT airport that has SODE jetways, like KLAS, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT and KSDF ?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 11:12:01 am by virtuali »

LukeK

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 06:25:49 pm »
Make sure you don't have duplicate ImagineSim entries in your SODE data files. When I installed the KATL update to fix my dynamic lighting issues it created a second set of configs, not updated the first.

Cheers!

Luke

Chuck Dreier

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 04:39:04 pm »
Upon checking, the 777 settings are correct at FSDT airports.  Luke, I checked the SODE Data files (there are two) and no airports show in either one.  Is that where I'm supposed to look?