Author Topic: Faster moves at gates customization **SOLVED**  (Read 4187 times)

Raphael

Faster moves at gates customization **SOLVED**
« on: July 23, 2018, 02:30:03 am »
Hello,

I wonder if its possible to move the objects faster when customizing gates(vehicles positions, etc).

If the real (payware for expl) airport presents important differences from default one, you got to move the stairs, marshaller, pushback vehicle, etc, for loong long time until you get the to the correct place at some specific gates......

Can we somehow move those a little faster during customization?

Thanks for support  8)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:50:02 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Faster moves at gates customization
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 09:29:50 am »
Moving the objects faster would mean losing precision, because we cannot increase the frequency of updates higher than your fps so, if you fps is not very high, the objects would move slower than we might have intended so, in order to move them quickly, we would have to increase the step, losing positioning accuracy in the meantime.

We could possibly add a key modifier to switch between different speeds, but we are out of free Slew keys events we can use in that mode.

You can probably easily increase the fps by using a default airplane when editing a scenery and/or lower your settings because, the higher the fps, the faster the objects will mode and, setting the frame rate to be "unlimited" might help too.

Raphael

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 07:13:37 pm »
Txs,

My FPS are around 70-90FPS but since i got the CHG90 monitor, when using resource hungry aircraft i get chopped to 30-40FPS(Exactly half, dont know why :-\ ), so definitely the question came on the table when configuring the gate for the aircraft i was interested in... 

Ill give a try to the  light aircraft idea and see how it goes.....  Thigs changed since i got the hige screen, i bet ill have to upgrade my GPU (GTX1070 now  :'( )

Thanks for support  8)

Raphael

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 08:55:10 pm »
Nope, is not working....

I think there is something wrong here, i can not even enter the customization mode(kind of slew mode) and when i click on Customize Vehicles button, the window stays there and nothing more......   In fact i can even close it and continue flying, nothing happens.    After that i cant use GSX because is like freezed out...

Im going to try unistalling, re-downloading and reinstalling GSX and see what happens...  ???

Be back in a while...

There is another post where ill be following up the GSX Not Opening problem.    Regarding the Faster moves, it worked using lighter aircraft(It worked when GSX Customization application worked, sometimes it is not)......  I guess its the best way to try the moves... So - Question answered on the main topic...

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 04:58:32 am by Raphael »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 02:01:06 pm »
I think there is something wrong here, i can not even enter the customization mode(kind of slew mode) and when i click on Customize Vehicles button, the window stays there and nothing more......   In fact i can even close it and continue flying, nothing happens.    After that i cant use GSX because is like freezed out...

Try to enable logging in the troubleshooting page on the GSX setting, and when you think GSX is "frozen", exit the sim and check the content of the Couatl.LOG file that will be created under %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder.

If there's an error, GSX would stop, which explains why it seems "frozen".

Raphael

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 05:22:54 pm »
Very kind of you....

Okay Done! Logging in, ill test some more after my long haul and let you know/send the file content...

Txs

Raphael

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 11:22:29 pm »
All right, done,

Ive performed several flights these days, and attached you can find the Log file.   During those flights, sometimes it worked, and sometimes not, just as i described in this post...

I see some errors at the end of the document, but i dont understand chinese...  ;)

Ill keep in contact waiting for instructions... ???
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 04:57:12 am by Raphael »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 10:41:31 am »
Do you use a 3rd party weather engine ? It seems it sent a faulty metar string, since the standard library we use to decode metar has reported a malformed string.

Try to disable every 3rd party weather engine while editing a parking and see if it makes any difference.

Raphael

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 12:01:32 am »
Yes i use Active Sky for P3dV4....   

I will try that and let you know... Txs

Raphael

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2018, 05:57:14 am »
Well, i discovered something with EZCA.

Without Active sky:

1) Discovered that, starting GSX Customization with EZCA active wont let me load the GSX customization indeed.   So tried a different thing, upon sim reset and starting normally and after being at the gate, then closed EZCA, and realized that i can customize the vehicles location using GSX customization, even using heavy load aircraft like this:

Im so happy i finally configured some KMSP gates for the 747 and some others, finally i will be able to enjoy the scenery at maximun! ;D

Interesting though  ??? that after that, tryed to load EZCA again still in the sim, and keept like CONNECTING TO SIMCONNECT, but freezed out.... So i got to restart the sim in order to use EZCA..... so there is a conflict somehow...

2) No way to make it work with the TFDi 717..... After clicking customize vehicles location, the window with the Key suggestions remains like in the back(so you cant click ok), and the customization mode never starts....(I posted a msg in Tfdi forum to see if there is something, after their update, its more CTDs than happy hours with that plane for many users, for sure will release a fix soon).

3) Tested again with the 777... No Active sky.... aaaaand:  Did not work.... :-\

4) Tested again with 747....no active sky:    Did not work!!!!   :o   Yep, did not....   :(

Sometimes working, sometimes not working....  ???   I noticed that when not working, the GSX Vehicle Position Editor window(the one remembering the keys for moving around) keeps open in the background(even after i already clicked ok) and i cant do anything after, if i close those windows, even with GSX and Coualt present in the sim menues, they wont open again until next sim restart.  In the following picture i noticed that by moving the pointer above coualt icon on the taskbar, so the window with the keymapping came visible:

With Active Sky Active from the begining:

1) Tested with PMDG 777, same as first succesful procedure(747)...  Opened EZCA as the sim load it up and took advantage of it for camera positioning before customization.  Then closed it.    Opened the GSX Customization windows aaaaaaand - Did not work....Same symptoms.

2) Neither for the 747 after repeating the test with AS active...

Definitely not working when Active sky is loaded up....

Wait a minute... Simconnet  problems in common?   ???

Well,  im tired now....   Sometimes it works, sometimes it wont....    Probabbly something to do with EZCA and AS, but not sure.....   cant reproduce a constant normal function of the customization and probabbly the services will load sometimes or not as well for now.....  :-[

Gee...

If you have any other ideas let me know...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2018, 01:13:29 pm »
We long suspected that Active Sky might cause problems because it sends lots of commands to Simconnect and, your earlier report of the problem caused by a malformed metar string seems to confirm your issue was related to some weather engine.

However, after several users reported such issues, we contacted Hi-fi simulation, sending them a copy of GSX they sent us a copy of Active Sky and, sure enough, neither us or them could reproduce any problems when using it together.

So, perhaps the issue is not just Active Sky per se, but the combination of other addons. From your report, it's seems clear that EZCA seems to affect GSX too.

The only sure thing is:

- There are no problems whatsoever using the GSX customization, which works 100% of the time in every situation.

Your best option is to temporarily disable ALL your 3rd party addons, and test it without anything else running, so you can probably verify that GSX is fine. Then, re-enable them, one by one, until you find the conflicting one, which can possibly be a *combination* of them.

Raphael

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2018, 09:02:12 pm »
Thanks,

It is very gratifying to see developers talking to each other, definitely this final 4.3 update came with several issues for acrft, sceneries and utilities as well...

For now, im happy i can figure out how to configure some gates and use GSX normally.   I wish the best for the solution of the issues.   Ill keep in contact....(ill keep GSX/Coualt updated for the while).

Thanks for support and happy flying! 8)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 05:25:53 am by Raphael »

Raphael

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2018, 06:33:36 am »
I discovered something else today....

New monitor Samsung CHG 90...all right.... flying a lot and sleeping very little!  ;) 

Its got an application called "Easy settings Box" to divide the screen in different windows(like multiple monitors - yes its a beast!  ::) ).     When using GSX customization, the key agreement window remained behind the sim view, so it kept waiting for me to accept it...When i clicked ok, well i thought i did, the truth is that it was going behind the simulator window. This application makes some popups windows to stay behind the games somehow(may be its the way it is for gaming as they market it....so, trying and trying in KMSP(god i love that airport), i thought about the "behind window" thing i commented before..... WHY is the key agreement window behind?    Behind what??  So if its behind, at the end, is there.....right?  Bingo!

So i disabled temporarily the Samsung application for customization and it worked, even for the 717, for every single plane.... it works...!

Ohh,  i got to learn more about  my new monitor.  Might this be useful for future updates on GSX?  Dont know, but is a shame about the root cause!   i was an inch about to stop simming, selling the pieces and become a real pilot so GSX wont fail anymore! :D

Thanks for the premium support and Happy flying!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2018, 01:49:55 pm »
I was quite the problem didn't had anything to do with GSX. That application was probably doing something strange with the application focus.

airbumps

Re: Faster moves at gates customization **SOLVED**
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2018, 09:52:37 am »
I've been having a similar problem for years, accross multiple PC's. See other threads I've created here;

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14507.0.html

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17148.0.html

This sounds a little similar. Raphael, are you saying that there was a 'window' that was behind P3D somewhere?