Author Topic: another missing addon manager (P3dv4.2)  (Read 2297 times)

p3dfreddy

another missing addon manager (P3dv4.2)
« on: April 09, 2018, 09:42:07 pm »
Hello.

I have just recently tried to install the Demo version of GSX, as my first ever FSDT product, and I can`t say Im having it easy.
I have tried about every tip and trick I could come across here on the internet, without any luck. My addon manager is just missing from the addon menu.

it is activated under options and addons, so that is definately not the issue.
I created a log file, following instructions from a thread on this forum, and it came out with this:

Python 2.7.13 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (default, May 22 2017, 13:45:26) [MSC v.1900 32 bit (Intel)] wxPython 3.0.2.0
couatl v3.2 (build 3985)
log started on Mon Apr  9 21:36:31 2018

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to SimConnect
connected to bglmanx
disconnected from SimConnect. (exited the sim)

I have done the reinstall of the VC runtimes 2005, 13 and 15. The AV trick, is tried several times, I tried to reset every automaticly generated file in P3D, The only thing showing up in my addons tab, is SODE..

I can`t seem to find any more clues as to why this is happening. Hoping that some of you guys can help me here ;)

Thanx in advance.
Freddy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: another missing addon manager (P3dv4.2)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 01:04:16 pm »
Your log shows the Couatl program started correctly, and it successfully connected both to the Addon Manager and to the sim. But, it seems you just quit the sim as soon it loaded. Was the sim still running at that time ?

p3dfreddy

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 09:26:25 pm »
I might have exited the sim at the time yes. But still after a 1.5 hour flight, it is still missing from the menu, sadly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 09:36:28 pm »
I might have exited the sim at the time yes. But still after a 1.5 hour flight, it is still missing from the menu, sadly.

Sorry, but you must be more clear. Again, your log (from 1 month ago), shows that everything was working. If it wasn't, there wouldn't be any log to begin with.

So, it was working at start, then it disappeared or, it was working 1 month ago when you posted this, but it's not even starting now ?

p3dfreddy

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 10:51:51 pm »
Hello. Sorry for the terrible delay.

the menu has never been there. I never saw it, and still can`t.
I sort of gave this up, a while ago. But still interested in making it work.