Author Topic: Addon manager problems again and again **SOLVED**  (Read 3005 times)

ikarus2010

Addon manager problems again and again **SOLVED**
« on: July 18, 2018, 02:13:21 pm »
In the past, I had the same Addon Manager update problems as I encounter now. Anyhow, after the last update, I could solve the problem
according to Umberto's suggestions by installing the newest AM, the newest FSDT sceneries as well as the newest QW B757 from scratch and then all worked fine.
Now (4 months later) I have the same problem again. I got a message that I have to update the AM and I did so with the result
that all FSDT sceneries repeatedly don't show anymore the buildings because the newest installed Addon Manager in the FSX menue shows only Vista Mare and Captain Sim (B757) but not FSDT products.
This is really weired because in the FSX.cfg (trusted files) I can see

C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\couatl.exe.necnoqqantkhibrehlrnahrhcoartqbbnqnewant=-1
C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\bglmanx.dll.tlnnuthluroqihnchhwbnctlwkenrcubzcowhehe=-1
D:\FSX_NEW\Captain_sim\captain_sim.b757.menu.dll.cowohtqrwltluowibkrzlttenzrhbuoaiiakbzzn=0

My questions
a) why is the AM not working  full even the trusted files are there?
b) Why updating all FSDT /QW files again and again from scratch when the system wants me to reupdate AM ?
c) why always updating the AM?
c) why this complicated and time consuming procedure again and again?

Would appreciate your help.

Many thanks and best regards

Alfred

My system: Win10 / 64
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 09:46:37 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon manager problems again and again
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 09:55:45 am »
Umberto's suggestions by installing the newest AM, the newest FSDT sceneries as well as the newest QW B757 from scratch and then all worked fine.

If you did *exactly* like that, it's no wonder nothing is working, because you did it on the opposite order. In all my suggestions, I always stressed the most important thing is, whenever the QW 757 is involved, that it must be installed BEFORE other recent products.

The reason for this is due to QW never updated their installer to match our latest self-updating installers so, it's "downgrading" the Addon Manager files.

- Uninstall everything, both FSDT and the QW757 and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Stand-Alone Addon Manager ?"

- Reinstall everything starting with the QW757

- Reinstall everything else from FSDT, using only the most recent installers, in any order you like.

ikarus2010

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 09:59:16 pm »
Hi Umberto, highly appreciate your immediate reply and shall do the update according your suggestions.
Many thanks and best regards

Alfred

ikarus2010

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 05:51:59 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I have started now new from scratch, i.e. unistalled QW757, all fsdt sceneries and the addonmanager, then installed the newest QW757 first and then the newest PHNL: Still no buildings can be seen!!??

ikarus2010

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 12:19:53 pm »
Hi Umberto, again now all is working fine, but there were strange things happening during the new  installation procedure with error messages which I did not understand. If you are interested I could explain but it is rather complicated.

Best regards and thanks for your support.
alfred