Author Topic: First time issue with GSX and 4.3 after 3 years of issues-free usage.  (Read 2364 times)

Dimon

Hello,

I have noticed recently that in 4.3 during baggage loading process, the process is literally frozen at some of time and I have to disable/enable GSX in order to jump-start it ? This thing happened with me recently in KIAH.

Any ideas in that?

PS. Again, never seen this before in 3 year of P3D simming history
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I never seen this either, and nobody else reported it so far. Have you played with the AffinityMask settings ? If yes, reset everything to default (remove the affinity mask).

Dimon

I never seen this either, and nobody else reported it so far. Have you played with the AffinityMask settings ? If yes, reset everything to default (remove the affinity mask).

Don't have any.

I'm going to reinstall all the Simconnects again. In fact, I have installed only 4.3 Client and SDK. No Content, no Scenery. I don't know whether it's critical to have GSX to operate efficiently
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
No Content, no Scenery. I don't know whether it's critical to have GSX to operate efficiently

I'm not sure, but not updating the content, in previous versions, would cause issues with the menus, and since 4.2 had a menu bug that affected GSX, maybe it's required.

But I must say, I don't really know, since I only update P3D by uninstalling it and reinstalling it with the full installer.

If all your addon use the add-on.xml method (like any proper P3D addon should), this won't affect installed addons, and it's usually the most reliable way to upgrade.

Dimon

No Content, no Scenery. I don't know whether it's critical to have GSX to operate efficiently

I'm not sure, but not updating the content, in previous versions, would cause issues with the menus, and since 4.2 had a menu bug that affected GSX, maybe it's required.

But I must say, I don't really know, since I only update P3D by uninstalling it and reinstalling it with the full installer.

If all your addon use the add-on.xml method (like any proper P3D addon should), this won't affect installed addons, and it's usually the most reliable way to upgrade.

I have never upgraded to 4.2. Went directly from 4.1 to 4.3 with SDK and Client only. No problems with the menus at all.