Author Topic: Manual setting of start/finish position of Baggage, Fuel, Catering etc.  (Read 1632 times)

Aussie123

• Very happy GSX2 User
Hello,
I am extremely happy with GSX. I am having a great time using it on every flight and customising large and small Orbx airports all around Australia.

I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth but, I was wondering if consideration could be given to an option to slew and set a parking position for the Baggage, Fuel and Catering vehicles. (Similar to the button for Marshaller)

Presently, the destination of the loaded baggage carts can be up to a km away from the aircraft in the opposite direction to the terminal. At small town airports it is strange to see them head off into the distance over to the local flying club parking (or to emerge from over there). It is like the baggage is being held hostage and the passengers are being given a tour of the airfield.

Would it be possible to have a Default origin position, as now, but also a button option to slew and set an alternative? I'm fairly sure all vehicles could have the same origin? - but I am sure it is more complex than that.

Regards,
Aussie

Prosim-AR B738 user on P3d V6

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
We'll think about it but, the main issue is, we need to defend GSX against scenery mistakes.

In earlier versions, GSX searched the departure spot for vehicles coming from away (catering, boarding loaders, fuel and deicers), only within a maximum distance from your own parking so, they were still coming from somewhere, but not very far. And of course, by default GSX prefers parking spots of the "vehicle" kind, and will use regular parking spots only if the proper ones cannot be found.

If the airport has been designed realistically, it SHOULD provide several parking of the vehicle kind reasonably close to the terminal area, because this is how they are placed in real world. A multi-terminal airport will have several dedicated areas, with several parking for vehicles, usually very close to the terminal they are supposed to feed. If the scenery AFCAD has them (and if they are connected with proper paths of the "vehicle" kind), GSX WILL surely use them by preference, so you won't have to wait much, If the airport has been designed realistically

However, in the real world of bugged AFCADs, this proven to be a problem. Not all scenery designers take great care placing vehicle parking spots and related paths. Some of them just forget to add them at all.

This resulted in GSX not being able to find a spawning place for vehicles within the maximum range that we (trying to be clever), set high enough for not seeing the vehicles popping out in front of you, but low enough that you won't have to wait minutes for them to arrive. So, we had to change strategy, and search for suitable parking spots *EVERYWHERE* in the airport, regardless how distant they are.

But of course, if there ARE proper parking vehicles using proper vehicle paths, placed in a realistic position, GSX will use them by preference.