Author Topic: SODE is unavalable  (Read 5368 times)

drego22

SODE is unavalable
« on: May 24, 2018, 08:54:23 pm »
Hello Mr Umberto, I have been having a horrriable time trying to figure out, and correct the the problem with the SODE jetways in FSdreamteam SODE. I have uninstalled, reinstalled SODE, GSX, and all of the FSdreamteam sceaneries and still no success to fixing this error. PLEASE help me fix this problem with your expert knowledge! Have mercy on me for my lack of knowledge! Cheers!

Andre Chambers
Andre Chambers

drego22

Re: SODE is unavalable
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 09:37:56 pm »
Update, I was able to download the beta version of SODE and that fixed the problem! Please post an update if you can when something like this happens after you all update the FSDT Live Updater, because this problem was literally driving me crazy! Cheers Mr Umberto!
Andre Chambers

WestIandian86

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 05:17:41 am »
Greetings..

I am usually not one to fuss and carry on.. so I will remain calm as far as possible..

but I got really annoyed that the sim said there was an update and when I did, it totally disabled my SODE system... I flew into the airport earlier today and it was fine.. now I can't get to move the jetbridges...

Can we have a reverse for issues like this... if something does work, allow us to revert back to the previous that worked.

Regards,

P'Rez

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 09:59:30 am »
As explained in all other post, including the last one in this thread, the problem is fixed with the latest SODE 1.6.3 version:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/sode-v1-6-3-open-beta.442541/

Driver8

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 11:57:25 am »
From the SODE home page:

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/
Important: This beta version is *NOT* intended for use in products to be released to the public! Please wait for the official V1.6.3 release!

May I ask why GSX is now using this when the SODE developer is advising not to use for products released to the public?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 01:00:38 pm »
May I ask why GSX is now using this when the SODE developer is advising not to use for products released to the public?

The SODE GSX API changed, and we required those changes for a GSX upgrade we are working on but, at the same time, the latest Couatl has several fixes that are also required to the currently released GSX, so we had to do a cumbersome a potentially messy "fork", splitting Couatl in two versions, one with the fixes we wanted to release, but with the previous SODE API, and a different one with the new SODE API, that would then be eventually merged back when SODE 1.6.3 comes out of Beta. Or, we had to postpone such fixes for users.

We are discussing with Jeffrey a better way to keep GSX and SODE releases in sync.

WestIandian86

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 03:16:13 pm »
As explained in all other post, including the last one in this thread, the problem is fixed with the latest SODE 1.6.3 version:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/sode-v1-6-3-open-beta.442541/

Thank you Umberto...I do appreciate the response and work around.

is it possible, though, that something could be done to optimize?  I saw a framerate drop after that installation. had to drop my settings just to maintain a certain flyable level.

thanks again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 10:06:39 pm »
I saw a framerate drop after that installation. had to drop my settings just to maintain a certain flyable level.

There's no fps drop caused by GSX, surely not when the airplane is flying and no vehicles are servicing.

Driver8

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2018, 01:57:04 am »

The SODE GSX API changed, and we required those changes for a GSX upgrade we are working on but, at the same time, the latest Couatl has several fixes that are also required to the currently released GSX, so we had to do a cumbersome a potentially messy "fork", splitting Couatl in two versions, one with the fixes we wanted to release, but with the previous SODE API, and a different one with the new SODE API, that would then be eventually merged back when SODE 1.6.3 comes out of Beta. Or, we had to postpone such fixes for users.

We are discussing with Jeffrey a better way to keep GSX and SODE releases in sync.

OK that makes sense.  Thank you for the explanation!

WestIandian86

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2018, 05:16:49 am »
I saw a framerate drop after that installation. had to drop my settings just to maintain a certain flyable level.

There's no fps drop caused by GSX, surely not when the airplane is flying and no vehicles are servicing.

that makes sense, but after the update and the use of the beta, om the ground there was a drop in FPS...I will test this with other aircraft and report back.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2018, 12:10:30 am »
that makes sense, but after the update and the use of the beta, om the ground there was a drop in FPS...I will test this with other aircraft and report back.

Nothing in the GSX update or in the latest SODE can possibly cause an fps loss. There was another thread which some users reported low fps with GSX installed, which I could replicate, and it really looked like a problem caused by GSX, since it seemed to go away by disabling the Addon Manager addon.

However, from the latest posts, it turned out to be an incomplete upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2, for example updating the client without updating the content, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17814.msg124882.html#msg124882

nordicman

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2018, 08:34:04 pm »
Question please, I've lost basically all my jetways on every airport installed and can't even get SODE running even though the connection is there but nothing works. I've gone on SODE forum and so far nothing and being that SODE and GSX are somewhat connected now, could there be any issues that may cause this or how to fix? Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2018, 02:30:53 pm »
I've lost basically all my jetways on every airport installed

Do you mean ALL your installed airports use SODE jetways ? Or, you were meant to say you lost only the jetways at those airports using SODE jetways ? Because, it would be a bit strange losing *both* default jetways and SODE jetways, since they are two entirely different things.

and can't even get SODE running even though the connection is there but nothing works.

Please clarify. If the connection is there, it means SODE IS running. Maybe you wanted to say SODE IS running, but jetways don't move ? In any case, there's no better place than SODE forum to get help about SODE.

It would be different, and it would be right to ask here, if you HAD SODE jetways working normally when called from the SODE menu, but not when called from GSX. That might be a GSX problem indeed.

jalbino59

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2018, 03:13:03 pm »
Question please, I've lost basically all my jetways on every airport installed and can't even get SODE running even though the connection is there but nothing works. I've gone on SODE forum and so far nothing and being that SODE and GSX are somewhat connected now, could there be any issues that may cause this or how to fix? Thanks.

If this happened after P3D full update (as opposed to just the client) you may just have to go into the SODE platform manager (usually in C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE) and re-register P3D v4.