Author Topic: Scenery And Dll Errors  (Read 7152 times)

jetlover1118

Scenery And Dll Errors
« on: May 05, 2009, 08:37:04 pm »
I just made the switch to FSX_SP2 running on Vista x64.I had no problems installing the FSX versions of my FSDT airports but after installing LSZH I got an error when starting FSX. The error stated there was a problem with the(bglmanx.dll) file.I had to allow FSX to disable this file or FSX would not start.This also caused me to lose the addon manager in the FSX menu bar. Also, I have all of the FSDT airports and all of them are displayed with missing terminal buildings.

Any help would be appreciated!

Alex

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Scenery And Dll Errors
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 10:02:46 pm »
This has been answered many times already: it's a known FSX bug. Sometimes, a newly installed module would fail when it has just been trusted.

The solution is ALLOW the module to run, then launch FSX again. If it still doesn't work, reboot Windows and try again.

If you told to FSX not to run the module, you need to undo this, by editing the FSX.CFG file, located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX, and removing all the lines under the [trusted] section with a reference to bglmanx.dll (remove the whole line), so it will repeat again the question to trust the module on the next start, so you can retry running it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 10:04:31 pm by virtuali »

jetlover1118

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 11:53:42 pm »
I'm sorry, I may not have explained my problem correctly. The option to run module during FSX startup only results in a fatal error and FSX shutting down before it can complete it's start up. I did remove all lines in the FSX CFG with reference to bglmanx.dll and restarted windows.This is not a UAC based message that ask If I want to run and or trust the module.

Thanks

Alex

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 12:10:26 am »
I'm sorry, I may not have explained my problem correctly. The option to run module during FSX startup only results in a fatal error and FSX shutting down before it can complete it's start up.

I understood exactly. And, as I've said, you shouldn't worry. Just restart FSX again and, if it doesn't work, restart Windows.

I did remove all lines in the FSX CFG with reference to bglmanx.dll and restarted windows.This is not a UAC based message that ask If I want to run and or trust the module.

Please, clarify this: are you saying that, if you remove all the bglmanx.dll lines from FSX.CFG and start FSX, you DON'T get a new request to trust it again ? That's just not possible, if you remove those lines (all lines), FSX wouldn't know anything about that file, and it should ask you again to run the module. If it doesn't, then you haven't removed all the lines.

jetlover1118

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 02:05:39 am »
I removed all the bglmanx.dll lines from FSX.CFG. I started FSX during start up I got an error message
Flightsim has detected a problem with a third-party software program.
Name:bglmanx Dynamic Link Library
Version:2,7,0,0
Company: Virtuali s.a.s
Do you want to run this software (Not Recommended)
When I select yes FSX crashes before it completes it start up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 02:12:45 am »
When I select yes FSX crashes before it completes it start up.

It's not a problem if it crashes, and it's not a problem if it doesn't complete. You need to try again and, if it crashes again, you need to reboot Windows and try again.

Also, you can try the following:

- uninstall the scenery, reply YES to the question "do you want to remove the Addon Manager" and reply YES to the question "do you want to remove the Couatl engine"

- check the main FSX folder that no bglmanx (.dll and .dat files) are left. If they are still there, remove them

- Reinstall the scenery, check that is downloading the .dll from the internet while installing.

- Launch FSX and try again

jetlover1118

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 03:53:08 am »
Success!! It appeared to be an incomplete or damaged download of LSZH.I downloaded a fresh copy, installed and started FSX. I got the error message, clicked yes to continue and FSX started up.All of the terminal buildings are also in place.

Thank You For Your Patience!

Alex