Author Topic: GSX enhancements  (Read 1606 times)

phmcr

GSX enhancements
« on: June 14, 2018, 05:24:19 pm »
Hi,

I hope some issues will be updated in a next release:
- when pushback trucks return after pushback and have rear steering, the wheels always turn into the wrong direction. When the truck has rear steering and wants to go to the right, the rear wheels should turn to the left.
- pushback in the PMDG 777 always results in major vibrations. I guess this is to simulate some bumps but this is too much. It doesn't happen in the PMDG737 though.
- when pushback is in a straight line and is complete the stop is too abrupt. The plane should come to a stop gradually.

Thanks for a great add-on!
Menno

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX enhancements
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 09:33:18 am »
- when pushback trucks return after pushback and have rear steering, the wheels always turn into the wrong direction. When the truck has rear steering and wants to go to the right, the rear wheels should turn to the left.

We'll check this.

- pushback in the PMDG 777 always results in major vibrations. I guess this is to simulate some bumps but this is too much. It doesn't happen in the PMDG737 though.

This is something that only PMDG can fix. The vibrations are coming from something in their internal simulation, it's not something created by GSX (only the 777 does it), and it would be enough they read the GSX L: variable which is officially documented in the manual, to check if GSX is pushing, and temporarily stop whatever effect they are producing while that variable is set. We also discussed with PMDG about this a while ago, and they promised to have a look at it, but they seem to have lost interest in this.

- when pushback is in a straight line and is complete the stop is too abrupt. The plane should come to a stop gradually.

We made it more gradual than it used to be, but some users complained is too gradual now...it's almost impossible to make everybody happy.