Author Topic: Addon manager and GSX not showing in P3Dv4 (But only in FSX:SE)  (Read 5141 times)

jakearran

Hi Support team,

Been coping the the issue that GSX is not working in P3D v4 any more.
I've looked in other forums telling to reinstall GSX with AVG off. Exclude it from the search in AVG and updated the V++ version, but with no luck so far....

The most strange thing is that is works in FSX:SE with no issues. But as soon as I try it in P3D v4 nor the add-on manager or GSX shows up in the bar. (See attached images)
Only the AddonManager shows in the Addonlist, but that is the only thing what I can find in P3D.

I'm probably missing something completely obvious, but can't figure out what?
Hope you can assist so I can let GSX do everything for me. Otherwise I've to do the catering of the PMDG 777-300 myself ;)

Best Regards,
Rens

melph

Re: Addon manager and GSX not showing in P3Dv4 (But only in FSX:SE)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 07:39:46 pm »
Are you using p3d v4.2....mine didnt work in 4.0 but ok in 4.2 (see my thread from today)

jakearran

You just found me a new caterer!
I had Version 4.0 updated to version 4.2 did the trick :D

Thank you very much!

chevy83

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 03:14:34 am »
Hello All,

Replying to this old topic since my issue relates to GSX and Add-on manager not appearing in my p3dv3.4 sim. I did notice when I reinstalled GSX, I must've hit FSX SODE installer where it is permanently marked "Fix/Repair" and when I click on the GSX FSDT Control panel, I get endless :d/FSX/(object).bgl errors although I do not have FSX installed. Is there any way to fix this? What I think is happening is the FSDT Control thinks I have FSX installed...which I don't.

Problem: GSX doesn't show up in addon manager tab in p3d
Fixes: Uninstalled and reinstall with McAfee Safe Scan and Firewall OFF
          Removed Add-on manager and Virtuali manually
          Reinstalled again
          CCCleaner Registry scrub
          Reinstalled again with McAfee Real time Protect and Firewall off
          No luck...out of options
Sim: Prepar3d v3.4
System: Win 10 64bit
SODE problem causing Couatl to fail to execute resulting in "GSX" not being displayed in the addons tab?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 11:11:42 am »
I get endless :d/FSX/(object).bgl errors although I do not have FSX installed. Is there any way to fix this

If you see those errors, it means you either:

- uninstalled FSX manually without using its proper uninstaller, so the FSX registry keys are still there

OR (worse)

- you used the very dangerous P3D migration tool, which has screwed up your P3D installation, messing up with registry files and the file versions in the .exe and, if you uninstalled this without first disabling entirely, you are still suffering from the damage it did.

The only way to fix this, other then reinstalling the whole sim (even FSX, in order to be able to Uninstall it properly) is to fix your registry manually with REGEDIT.

Open REGEDIT

Look for the following keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition

And, if you are sure you don't have FSX anymore, remove every key you can find.

chevy83

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 03:32:21 pm »
I don't have the migration tool and I found a few of the files you mentioned in the registry and deleted them. I am still having the problem where GSX does not appear in the addon tabs and it is getting frustrating. I never had FSX installed after my Win10 upgrade.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 12:19:55 pm »
You haven't said if you fixed all the errors you had from SODE, which are an indication you surely HAD a problem so, it's not clear if that one is now fixed or not.

chevy83

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 12:40:35 pm »
I uninstalled SODE solely and re-installed with GSX as a whole in accordance with the recommended procedure (i.e removing the registry keys you recommended, McAfee OFF)

I still cannot narrow down the problem as I removed all instanced of FSX from the registries.

chevy83

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2019, 03:41:43 pm »
Alright, problem boiled down to Addon Manager, GSX or Couatl doesn't want to display in addon list. I still cannot get anything to work.

I've tried:
-Uninstalling ALL FSDT products, rebooting, reinstalling with real-time scan and Firewall off
Result=No Luck

-Uninstalling
VC++ 2005 SP1
VC++ 2013 (x86 & x64)
VC++ 2015 (X86 & x64)
Rebooted, downloaded and reinstalled all Windows website
Result=No Luck

-Real Time Scanning is permanently off for McAfee...still no luck

In P3D, under Options/Addons..., it is showing all the FSDT products in there, it just is not loading under the Addon Menu tab

The products are not working and the fixes have found in the forum has not rectified the problem. I am literally out of fixes!

v/r
Chevy83

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2019, 06:48:36 pm »
In P3D, under Options/Addons..., it is showing all the FSDT products in there, it just is not loading under the Addon Menu tab

Check if your dll/exe.xml files are corrupted, this was the cause (totally unrelated to any of our addons, of course) for this user:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20139.msg138300.html#msg138300

chevy83

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2019, 08:29:38 am »
Hello All,

Virtuali and Forum Members, I found the fix and it was due to my error.

For all future reference for those unfortunate to lose the Addon Manager and GSX option:

refer to deleting the dll.xml and exe.xml in the PROGRAMDATA folder and NOT the APPDATA folder

Also, be cautious about what FSX sceneries you install in P3Dv3 as they evidently can corrupt these two files.

v/r
Chevy83

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 11:03:21 am »
refer to deleting the dll.xml and exe.xml in the PROGRAMDATA folder and NOT the APPDATA folder

Both locations are active and can contain such files so, the usual practice to check if something's wrong, is to always check both.